+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 71 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Fit You Reading 3

Just did my weekly shop and spied that my new hero Ranulph Fiennes has a new book out. Ace. Purchased and away to be started

Started a book today called "Golazo-the The History of Latin American Football" by Andreas Campomar

Half way through very good.

Tinypica nae working to post a pic

The cover

Its a great read

I have had plenty of recommendations for this book so ill take it on. Its about the doping and the cover ups in the Tour De France

That Golazo book was a great read. Give it a bash if you see it

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post

I have had plenty of recommendations for this book so ill take it on. Its about the doping and the cover ups in the Tour De France

That must be a big book

Rereading Terry Pratchett ('Jingo') and I'm nae enjoying it at all. Always raved about his stuff when I was younger but it's pretty badly written this one.

Titus Groan - Mervyn Peak. Excellent.

The Battle of Alamein - Bierman & Smith. Only just started it. High hopes for it as I know fu(k all about the African campaign. But it's got maps n sh!t so I'm sure I'll enjoy it

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    That must be a big book
    The corruption makes FIFA look like f@ck all. How Armstrong was never found out until he was is unbelievable. Covered up from the very top

Currently reading the two from the LA Confidential quartet that I hadn't read yet ("White Jazz" and "LA Confidential" funnily enough) from James Ellroy. Also want to track down his "My Dark Places" book about his mother's murder.

Also reading a book "Outback Stations" by Evan McHugh about the big aussie cattle stations and a book called "The Tipping Point" by psychologist Malcolm Gladwell.

Just finished "The Big Short" about the US sub-prime financial crisis, on which the film of the same name is based. The film doesn't touch on half of stuff in the book. Funny how it's not theft when committed by blokes in collar and tie though ... :-|

Page 13 of 71 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast