+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 21 of 71 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Fit You Reading 3

Quote Originally Posted by LaMaquina View Post
    I've been reading Unknown Pleasures & Substance by Peter Hook (finished the former, half way through the latter) about Joy Division & New Order respectively. Great insight into what it was like to actually live it as opposed to reading a critical perspective from afar.

I might read Barney's book next to get his side of the story.
    Ive not long finished Unknown Pleasures myself. You can't help but like Hooky, even though you know he's a bit of a walloper. I was going to move onto Barneys book as well but the reviews make it sound like it's just page after page of him moaning about Hooky.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Ive not long finished Unknown Pleasures myself. You can't help but like Hooky, even though you know he's a bit of a walloper. I was going to move onto Barneys book as well but the reviews make it sound like it's just page after page of him moaning about Hooky.
    I'll wait for the Stephen Morris book, where instead of slagging off the pair of them, he'll take the reader behind the scenes of the rise and rise of The Other Two.

For an ex Eastender douchebag I do like his documentaries. So giving his books a try now

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Aye, I have heard that, which seems to vindicate Hooky's side of the story.

For all the frequent jibes in Hooky's books they don't extend to much beyond saying Barney is a miserable **** and (latterly) a prima donna, which isn't really the most cutting of criticism, and he does go out of his way to give Barney the credit he's due especially where New Order is concerned.

Fancy a Partizan trip so looked for a book on them. turns oot there is one. Pretty interesting stuff

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Definatley going to book up a Partizan trip in the future(hopefully v Red Star)

This has started off well. Hardy wee c@nt

^^^^^ Good read

This got poor reviews but id already bought it before id read them so I will give it a bash

This:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01N6WUU...ng=UTF8&btkr=1

The reviews deadline is this Friday. With 5 CDs and a double DVD to review, the editor has kindly agreed that a review of its 432 small print pages about the boy who's so good that he gets his ain Cluedo character (Rev Green, In Hi! Studios, with the lead pipe) can be put off until the next issue.

Looks fab though.

Currently reading Agent 6 by Tom Rob Smith. Highly recommended by a neighbour so thought I'd give it a bash

Good book and good author

Page 21 of 71 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast