+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 26 of 71 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Fit You Reading 3

I haven't reader either book, but I'll keep a look out for them.

Good Cop Bad War by Neil Woods.

Actual account of an undercover cops 14years on the streets acting as a junky to infiltrate drug gangs in England. He is now an international activist and advocate for the legalisation of drugs on the basis current prohibition obviously doesnt work and serves only to punish the poor/vulnerable/weak while the real c’nts get richer, all at the massive expense of the tax payer.

Page turner and good for snorting lines off and you can use the cover for roaches.

Edit: Just finished reading Playing The Bass With Three Left Hands by Will Carruthers. Spacemen 3 bass player, total space cadet and a bit of a fanny to be honest and a fairly boring tale of being baked and tripping oot his nut for most of his adult life. Music bits are good tho.
    Last edited by DodHagi; 27-01-2018 at 10:57 AM.

Good read this.

I love the quotes on Bremners hatred for Gary Sprake. Obviously included as the author also hates Gary Sprake

The world really is a horrible place.

Interesting and well written read that

I finished reading Cathi Unsworth’s Without The Moon last week.

Critics reckon it’s up there with her best (and she’s a formidable crime writer), but I found it difficult to get into, so didn’t finish it in a couple of days like I’d done with her others.

Her new book, That Old Black Magic, is getting good ratings and recommendations, so I’ll no doubt have it on my list in the next few weeks.

Onybody else enjoy her “London Noir”?

Started this last night and carried on this morning before work. Very good fitba book this

You must be pretty handy in a pub quiz paccers with the amount of reading you are getting through.

I finished the book written my Gemma Dowler (The sister of Milly Dowler who was murdered in 2002), it's pretty heart breaking but she doesn't hold back with her criticism of Surrey police in the handling of the case and their interactions with the family. Police were that incompetent that instead of looking for a killer they were pining everything on Millys dad. Truly sickening stuff.

They got the right man in the end - Levi Bellfield and turns out he had been a busy boy. Horrible individual. Wanted to find out a bit more about this piece of work so got this through the letterbox yesterday:

Got sent home today because of the snow so gonna make a start on it.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    You must be pretty handy in a pub quiz paccers with the amount of reading you are getting through.
    Funny you say that as I won the offshore pub quiz on New years day this year (in a team). Also about 4 years ago I won the new years day pub quiz on the Everest. On my own. Still chuffed about that to this day. If there's a flag round. That's my joker

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Funny you say that as I won the offshore pub quiz on New years day this year (in a team). Also about 4 years ago I won the new years day pub quiz on the Everest. On my own. Still chuffed about that to this day. If there's a flag round. That's my joker
    At risk of sounding like I’m blowing my own trumpet, I’m dynamite in a pub quiz

Page 26 of 71 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast