+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 30 of 71 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Fit You Reading 3

Quote Originally Posted by Stupie82 View Post
    Yeah i guess it is in a way, but its very enjoyable and despite there being 200 photos in it, there is still plenty to read. It was nice to read about stadiums for teams like Third Lanark etc.
    Looks a good een. Will buy it for my old boy's birthday. He still goes on about how he was part of the 108k at the Aberdeen v St Mirren Cup final in 1959. Hopefully the photos will bring back a few memories.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    The author was on OTB on Saturday. First id heard of it. Ill definitely purchase it

Is it a coffee table book?
    How about a coffee table book about coffee tables?

Good book this. About the Dynamo Kiev team who were the best in Europe prior to the war who pretty much all went to war to defend Kiev during Operation Barbarosa

Looking for two non fiction books for a holiday. Wouldn't mind one on the seedy side of Hollywood (The Kid Stays in the Picture was ok) and one on the history of somewhere like Afghanistan. Any ideas book worms?

"Lone Survior" by Marcus Luttrel(spell check) it will make you hate the film and see the hollywoodisation of it, for Afghan.

The greatest book of all time "The Dirt" by Motley Crue for Hollywood

But get even though its not what you are after "No Surrender" (not hun related) by Hiroo Onoda. Its ace.
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 24-05-2018 at 03:45 PM.

Thanks Packers.

I read the Dirt when it came out and they were all worse than Goodwillie.

I've not watched Lone Survivor as it looks pish but I'll have a look and I'm aware of the mad Japanese ******* so I'll definitely check that out.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Looking for two non fiction books for a holiday. Wouldn't mind one on the seedy side of Hollywood (The Kid Stays in the Picture was ok) and one on the history of somewhere like Afghanistan. Any ideas book worms?
    Another holiday?

What does the kid stays in the picture cover? Worth a read?

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    Another holiday?

What does the kid stays in the picture cover? Worth a read?
    It's the biography of Robert Evans. He produced Chinatown and the Godfather. Given all the "revelations" about the casting couch...he definitely holds back.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Would definitely recommend this - if you haven't read it already. I believe they made a documentary series of it? Anyway a great read and explains some of the sh1t that's been going down in the last 30+ years with no mention of Bernard Bresslaw.Name:  The_Great_Game.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  20.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by DonUnder View Post
    Would definitely recommend this - if you haven't read it already. I believe they made a documentary series of it? Anyway a great read and explains some of the sh1t that's been going down in the last 30+ years with no mention of Bernard Bresslaw.Name:  The_Great_Game.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  20.6 KB
    I haven't read it but I have watched the documentary. Never thought about it. Thanks, away to pruchase that now along with the Japanese soldier story Packers recommended. And a Viz.

Page 30 of 71 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast