+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 43 of 71 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Fit You Reading 3

Name:  IMG_2398.JPG
Views: 208
Size:  25.2 KB

Christmas pressie from the bairns (well, the wife really). Excellent book about Stewart Imlach from Lossiemouth, who played for a load of clubs in England in the 50's, won the FA Cup with Nottm Forest in 1959 and played for Scotland in the World Cup in Sweden in 1958. Astonishing to read of the stranglehold which the clubs had on the players. Equally astonishing to read of Scotland's shambles at the 1958 World Cup - no manager; squad and then selected by a committee of blazers.

Pac, you may posted about this book before. If you haven't, it's well worth a read.

Quote Originally Posted by its_a_goal View Post

Christmas pressie from the bairns (well, the wife really). Excellent book about Stewart Imlach from Lossiemouth, who played for a load of clubs in England in the 50's, won the FA Cup with Nottm Forest in 1959 and played for Scotland in the World Cup in Sweden in 1958. Astonishing to read of the stranglehold which the clubs had on the players. Equally astonishing to read of Scotland's shambles at the 1958 World Cup - no manager; squad and then selected by a committee of blazers.

Pac, you may posted about this book before. If you haven't, it's well worth a read.
    Its very good. I like the clear pride the guy had in his dad. Definatley worth a read

I got a big ass Garrincha book by Ruy Castro. Got ace reviews. Thats my quiet Sunday sorted

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    I got a big ass Garrincha book by Ruy Castro. Got ace reviews. Thats my quiet Sunday sorted

FFS

Quiet Sunday min get some Morbid Angel on yer deathdeck I thought you'd be away watching some fitba again no a game on in Golspie???

Aye Imlach's book is a guid read.Enjoyed at een

I'm reading Goal about the Homeless World Cup

Typical UK put the blockers on the first one in Graz in 2003 whilst every other EU Nation backed it financially.

Must have needed the dosh fir the Nigerian Space Programme.

Brexit aersols

I looked up fixtures today but there is nothing in Scotland unfortunatley. I would have been there if there was

Quote Originally Posted by its_a_goal View Post

Read that een a while ago, cracking read.

I recall Gary Imlach presenting the NFL programmes on Channel 4 back in the day (apropos nothing).

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    He's got a reputation for being a bit dull but I'm still tempted to get Stephen Hendrys book 'me and the table'

Anyone read it?
    Got this and well through it. Don't know what to make of him to be honest. No doubting his talent as all his trophies show but he comes across a bit.... nae sure of the word....

Example - He fairly goes on about how it annoyed him when the press asked more questions about the money he was making than his actual snooker playing. Repeats how he was never making that much and the tax man took most of it along with managers fees and that.

Then casually drops in that he pays cash for his new 300 grand house. No point messing around with mortgages I suppose.

Ach he's ok. Took some balls to go down there and win all that he did when the sport had been English dominated for so long.

Probably finish it tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by WatsonNimrod View Post
    Cheers min I will give it a go.

I've just finished Football Dynamo by Marc Bennetts, I think its been mentioned a few times on here.

While I did enjoy it (as I am really into books about Russia in general), I found it flitted back and forward in an irritating way, particularly the chapters about the National team.

Anyway, couple of long flights this week, and I have just started this....

Attachment 11277

Couple of chapters in and I am enjoying it so far.
    On the boards' recommendation just finshed this. Edit Stramash not sure if the graphic copied?
    Thoroughly enjoyed it and (although not mentioned by name) mention of my Grandfather's brother who was one of the five Clyde players that didn't return from the war. Wish my old man was still aware enough to read it.
    Last edited by DonUnder; 07-01-2019 at 03:17 AM. Reason: Technophobia

Read a few books over the Holidays, the best of which was this...

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  52.5 KB

Amazing book

Im going to search that out ^^^^^^^

Page 43 of 71 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast