+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 46 of 71 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Fit You Reading 3

Name:  rtgh.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  12.4 KB

Killed this in a couple of sittings. A Portsmouth fans journey through the away games in League Two. Easy read, nae going to win any literary awards though. Quite fancy going to Cheltenham. He fairly bigs it up.

Jayden Stockley gets a couple of mentions in it

Id do like books by regular Johns writing aboot fitba

Very late to this thread, but taken on board a lot of the recommendations in particular the Motley Crue book.

Got a Kindle for the first time at Xmas, so been downloading a lot. I also prefer Non fiction, but like the Stuart MacBride books due to being based in Aberdeen.

Also like reading on the Troubles in Northern Ireland. One I finished the other week was Reporting the Troubles. Good book of stories regarding the troubles from individual reporters. Worth a look if you are into that kind of thing.

Also just read Dont tell mum I work on the rigs by Paul Carter and Oilfuelled Trash by Iain Lees. Currently into On Fire With Fergie by Stuart Donald and Glencoe by John Prebble.

Love the thread though, keep the recommendations coming.

Wife was given Diary of a Bookseller for Christmas. Really enjoyed it and it made me realise that I'm fed up with a lot of the crap "thriller" stuff I usually plough through whilst complaining ab out them on every page.

The Keeper of Lost Things was another one I enjoyed recently.

Will be looking at this thread a bit more often now so as the last poster wrote - keep the recommendations coming.

Just finished a book on the Vikings by that arsey bloke from Dunblane. Meh. I can't help read it in his voice.

Just put Ant Middletons book away. He's the guy from SAS: are you tough enough on C4. Although it's funny as he actually wasn't in the SAS he served in the SBS like myself.

God I could tell you some stories about selection. Well I couldn't actually as I had to sign legal documents banning me from doing just that.

Anyway the books ok, not a lot of what you would expect from someone who was a sniper for a living, it turns in to more of a motivational self help guide.

Wasn't really what I was expecting.

'the soldier who came back' is up next.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    Just put Ant Middletons book away. He's the guy from SAS: are you tough enough on C4. Although it's funny as he actually wasn't in the SAS he served in the SBS like myself.

God I could tell you some stories about selection. Well I couldn't actually as I had to sign legal documents banning me from doing just that.

Anyway the books ok, not a lot of what you would expect from someone who was a sniper for a living, it turns in to more of a motivational self help guide.

Wasn't really what I was expecting.

'the soldier who came back' is up next.
    SBS lolz

I remember having to help you boys out a few times. Were you the one with the empty tear drop tattoos?

Ant Middleton was being a prick on the tele recently, climbing Everest. I was waiting at the top in my flip flops & gave him a hiding at 29,029 feet. That’s why they call it the death zone.

Picked up those skills in the Regiment but I don’t like talking about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Ant Middleton was being a prick on the tele recently, climbing Everest. I was waiting at the top in my flip flops & gave him a hiding at 29,029 feet. That’s why they call it the death zone.

Picked up those skills in the Regiment but I don’t like talking about it.
    Didn't realise it was you that suplexed him off the top rope as we call it. I went up there to recover him...in my slippers. Took a carry out and a gat gun with me though. Good laugh.

Just reading the Scottish Enlightenment now by Arthur Herman. Lack of pictures but otherwise good.

Name:  alone in berlin.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  43.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    SBS lolz

I remember having to help you boys out a few times. Were you the one with the empty tear drop tattoos?
    You help us out a few times? With your shot? You couldn't even hit me with a gat gun up everest. I knew that was you pinging pellets about up there.

Page 46 of 71 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast