+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 48 of 71 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Fit You Reading 3

Name:  download.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  11.7 KB

Read this in the airport yesterday. Some decent facts in it............. But he ruins it by saying Ross County are the most northern team in British senior fitba

The second part of Kenneth Womack’s biog of George Martin (first marriage in King’s College Chapel to a local quine, detailed in part 1, Maximum Volume).

Incredible detail, like how Paul and the boy himsel got the Alan Civil, the french horn player to hit an almost impossible high F on For No One.

Rubber Soul’s ❤️ been chart-busting for the best part of a year, Revolver’s just left the world, quite understandably stunned, with reluctant European, Oceanic and US tours on the horizon.

It’ll do until Mark Lewisohn’s volumes 2 & 3 hit the shops. Incentive for me nae to snuff it by 2028.

https://www.orphanspublishing.co.uk/...d-Pictures.jpg

Name:  download.jpeg
Views: 159
Size:  7.1 KB

Got through a few books over the last couple of days. This was good.

What a complete and utterly deranged f@cked up sister f@cking ego maniac.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Name:  download.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  11.7 KB

Read this in the airport yesterday. Some decent facts in it............. But he ruins it by saying Ross County are the most northern team in British senior fitba
    But surely they are if “senior” teams mean in the main leagues. Who were you thinking of?

Quote Originally Posted by its_a_goal View Post
    But surely they are if “senior” teams mean in the main leagues. Who were you thinking of?
    Look at a map of Scotland, Elgin is more northern than Dingwall

catches a lot of folk out. But if you are going to write a book make sure you do the research

Better zoom in
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 09-03-2019 at 09:32 AM.

Name:  s-l225F1F4C9M6.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  9.6 KB

Just finished this

One I didn't have in the collection.

Found it great and full of excellent we facts for example

When we beat Peterhead 13-0 in 1923 the weather was so bad Peterhead had two players walk of due to over exposure to the elements and finished with 9 men. But at the same time down at New Advocates East End were playing Port Glasgow in the Scottish Cup. At half time Port Glasgow refused to come out again and handed the tie to East End as the weather was that bad

Another one was Archie Glen played in the same army team during his national service as the great John Charles

But my favourite was , in 1910 in a game at Pittodrie v Hamilton Accies the ball went out of play but into an adjacent garden. A youth tried to retrieve it but the "substantial" woman of the allotment chased him off with, then the trainer Peter Simpson had a go and the same happened then a police officer tried and she had a go against him too. Then they resorted to finding another ball. I think that's brilliant

little things like that I find great.

Look at a map of Scotland, Elgin is more northern than Dingwall

catches a lot of folk out. But if you are going to write a book make sure you do the research

Better zoom in
    Well bugger me! I’d never have thought that in a million years. Brought up in the Black Isle, lived for 10 years in Aberdeen, been up and down the A96 a thousand times and I never knew that. Every day is a school day!

Name:  s-l225F1F4C9M6.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  9.6 KB

Just finished this

One I didn't have in the collection.

Found it great and full of excellent we facts for example

When we beat Peterhead 13-0 in 1923 the weather was so bad Peterhead had two players walk of due to over exposure to the elements and finished with 9 men. But at the same time down at New Advocates East End were playing Port Glasgow in the Scottish Cup. At half time Port Glasgow refused to come out again and handed the tie to East End as the weather was that bad

Another one was Archie Glen played in the same army team during his national service as the great John Charles

But my favourite was , in 1910 in a game at Pittodrie v Hamilton Accies the ball went out of play but into an adjacent garden. A youth tried to retrieve it but the "substantial" woman of the allotment chased him off with, then the trainer Peter Simpson had a go and the same happened then a police officer tried and she had a go against him too. Then they resorted to finding another ball. I think that's brilliant

little things like that I find great.
    The thought of Peterhead players not playing on because of exposure amuses me. You would have thought that Peterhead folk would be the hardiest of the hardy. What time of year was the match played? August?

Quote Originally Posted by its_a_goal View Post
    Well bugger me! I’d never have thought that in a million years. Brought up in the Black Isle, lived for 10 years in Aberdeen, been up and down the A96 a thousand times and I never knew that. Every day is a school day!
    Its amazing how many people are fooled by it

Name:  eibar.jpg
Views: 97
Size:  14.1 KB

Vas mentioned this earlier If I remember right

Eibar was the smallest town to provide a la Liga team when the book was written. Huesca have now beaten that this season. But Eibar as the author points out has the same population as Elgin.

Good book. Makes you like the club, may even like in my case make you want to go. There is a Scottish connection(hence the book name) as their main ultras are called Eskozia La Brava. There is a Scottish mural on the stadium and they make trips over to Scotland to watch fitba every so often. I wont tell you where the Scottish link comes from as its better to read it as its that daft.

I was going to concentrate on Scottish fitba grounds next season. This book changed that. I am going across with a couple of bottles of Glen Garioch to share with Eskozia La Brava and try and get them over to Pittodrie on one of their trips

Good book. Written by a St Mirren fan

Page 48 of 71 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast