+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 53 of 71 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Fit You Reading 3

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Attachment 12539

Started this this morning tonaccompany me. 150 pages in already. Decent read

One for you Vas min
    Aye will give that a deek

Ploughing through Politics Punks and Pirates all aboot St Pauli

Nae a bad read so far.

Quote Originally Posted by vasilyrats86 View Post
    Aye will give that a deek

Ploughing through Politics Punks and Pirates all aboot St Pauli

Nae a bad read so far.
    Interesting chapter about the new grounds in Turkey all being built out of town and the attendances dwindling.

Attachment 12539

Started this this morning tonaccompany me. 150 pages in already. Decent read

One for you Vas min
    https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/48035673

Funnily enough. Finished the book then this was on the net. These guys get a chapter to themselves in it

Amedspor

Name:  ali.jpg
Views: 278
Size:  14.8 KB

Nailed this over the last two days. Good read. Big old read though . 500 pages, small print job

You would be able to pick it up for pennies now

https://www.theguardian.com/football...ebayor-robinho

Another decent article on Turkish fitba. Basaksehir get a chapter in that book too

I bagsy Pacmin if we ever have a AbMad pub quiz.

Been getting through a lot of books on my travels, so many I can't really remember what I've been reading but these are the most recent.

No nonsense detective in Glasgowshire. He doesn't take any bullsh*t which apparently didn't go down to well with the masonic top brass of the police force and he never seemed to get a fair crack at promotion. Which was a shame as he seemed like one of the good guys.

Always a place on the AbMad cold case investigation team Gerry.

And only a few chapters to go on this...

American guy who pretty much accidentally stumbled in to one of the IRA's. (Continuity, real, provisional - there's so many I get them mixed up) any way he was on good money from the FBI and MI5 and together they got some great results.

I had know idea that the death of Bobby Sands had such reverberations around the world. Thousands marched for him in Italy, protests were held in Oslo, Paris and Portugal and to this day the UK embassy in Iran is situated on Bobby Sands street after they changed the name. OK the Iranians changing the name of the street is quite funny and the ultimate trolling but still, I had no idea there was ever such a reaction.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    I bagsy Pacmin if we ever have a AbMad pub quiz.

I have a wide array of subjects in my books this trip so I will be improving my knowledge, Fitba as always, Music, Bloody Sunday, WW1, Boxers, Secret Service. thats without taking my kindle into consideration

Id be well up for a pub quiz

Name:  download.jpeg
Views: 228
Size:  8.2 KB

Read this today.

Gamblings for mugs

I have a wide array of subjects in my books this trip so I will be improving my knowledge, Fitba as always, Music, Bloody Sunday, WW1, Boxers, Secret Service. thats without taking my kindle into consideration

Id be well up for a pub quiz
    I bagsy Mason. He may come across as loudmouth malcontent with an unhealthy obsession with Celtic managers teeth and McWinless/McHunnis but he sure knows his way about a Geography pub quiz round.

Mobile phones have ruined pub quizzes tho. RIP

Quote Originally Posted by StandfreeFM View Post

Mobile phones have ruined pub quizzes tho. RIP
    Very true

New year 2012 (Arnie scored the screamer at Tannalice was that 2012?)I was on a rig in the North sea. Everest I think. There was a pub quiz on and pretty much everyone onboard was involved. I turned up once the teams were made up. So the quiz master said I would have to do it myself. So I did and scudded everyone. Flag round was my joker and I smashed it. 200 pound John Lewis voucher in the hipper and a selection box. The core crew didn't speak to me for the rest of the trip as I was a vendor and they didn't think we should be allowed to win the big prizes. Round ye

Page 53 of 71 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast