+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 27 of 71 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Fit You Reading 3

Another very good book. Doing well this trip

This is good. Ranulph found a load of papers in a hut in Alaska. After reading them he thought the story needed to be told

The part where the transport and arrival at Auschwitz is harrowing sh@t

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post

This is good. Ranulph found a load of papers in a hut in Alaska. After reading them he thought the story needed to be told

The part where the transport and arrival at Auschwitz is harrowing sh@t
    You've twisted my arm.... just ordered this. Off to Alicante for a few days next week so a nice chirpy, up-beat read like this will go down nicely

Think I read before that you use the kindle pac. How do you get on with it?

I only use my kindle offshore as id need a bag for books alone otherwise. A offshore readers best friend. but i also read richt books as im not allowed my Kindle outside at lunch time. (spark potential and all that).

I Iike it. My first one f@cked up as i left it on going through security at the airport. Must have been the magnets. I love the back light in my new one as i can read in my bed and not have my light on and annoy my room mate. Ive had one since i started offshore so totally used to it now

Its a good book im sure you will like it. Is it fiction or non fiction though.

I really liked that Danish Dynamite too
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 08-03-2018 at 07:38 PM.

Good read this.

Big fan of Gabriele Marcotti, he knows his stuff. His blogs are worth a read too

Was in Fopp in Edinburgh last month, two books for a fiver - bargain!!, just finished dod's doon and oot.

Name:  51wbsqlVbSL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
Views: 292
Size:  57.6 KB

Name:  maradonna1-kbPH--414x621@LiveMint.jpg
Views: 326
Size:  27.7 KB

Picked up a couple of books at the airport before I headed out to Spain. Decided to get cracking on this one and I have barely put it down since.

All about an undercover military intelligence agent involved in finding and developing sources in NI during the troubles. Covers a few topics that I had completely forgotten about i.e the SAS shootings in Gibraltar and the Michael Stone grenade attack at the resulting funeral.

Found it really intersting. A few chapters left then I'm off out.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    I only use my kindle offshore as id need a bag for books alone otherwise. A offshore readers best friend. but i also read richt books as im not allowed my Kindle outside at lunch time. (spark potential and all that).

I Iike it. My first one f@cked up as i left it on going through security at the airport. Must have been the magnets. I love the back light in my new one as i can read in my bed and not have my light on and annoy my room mate. Ive had one since i started offshore so totally used to it now

Its a good book im sure you will like it. Is it fiction or non fiction though.

I really liked that Danish Dynamite too
    Don't know if you're aware but the "i" have a special offer on at the moment for 11 free downloads - go to www.bookchoice.com/inews enter the code INEWS18 and download from the list. No card needed.

^^^^^^^^^^^^ cheers ill look into that

The Capello book was a very good read

This now

Started well

Got stuck in Spain (long story).

So plenty time to finish the above 'Fishers of Men' and get well through 'Operation Certain Death' by Damien Lewis. The SAS lead operation to rescue some Irish rangers (nothing to do with fitba) that strayed in to West Side Boy territory in Sierra Leone. Backed up by a load of Paras, I'm sure they kicked ass but I haven't finished the book yet so will have to wait and see.

2 good reads.

Page 27 of 71 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast