+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 42 of 71 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Fit You Reading 3

Nae quite a book (although it looks like a book) anyone subscribe to Nutmeg magazine?

I picked up the last 2 issues in the Heart Foundation charity shop on Union St for 50p each. Beautiful read, but not sure I would pay £40 for a years subs.

Name:  led.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  10.2 KB

Got 20 autobiographies for 20 quid and free postage on Ebay. Handy for offshore

This is ok. 30 year old next year Fairy tale stuff. Non league with Edgeware Town to Wimbledon in the bottom Tier of the league to FA cup winner

Read worse

Name:  g4t45t45t.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  17.0 KB

Cracking author as ive said before. Havent read a bad book by him

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Name:  g4t45t45t.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  17.0 KB

Cracking author as ive said before. Havent read a bad book by him
    Read a few of his, was it the operation manhunt? Either that or it was the one about the paras in Sierra Leone.

Got a load of books bought and in the camper for going away including his one about an SAS raid in Italy during WWII. Always good to read about my predecessors in the regiment and how it compares to life in the forces today.

Bought Dan Rivers book about the casuals after you guys mentioning it on the other thread and read half on the train up to the fitba on Tuesday and the other half on the way down the day after. Jesus football has fairly lost it's character over the years. Not just by way off the mobs and the scrapping 'n that but just in general it seems to be a duller affair.

Is the other boys book any good? Think it's Jay Allan?

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    Read a few of his, was it the operation manhunt? Either that or it was the one about the paras in Sierra Leone.
    Aye they are both good. Sierra Leone one is Operation Certain Death. I read that last trip. Cracker

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post

Bought Dan Rivers book about the casuals after you guys mentioning it on the other thread and read half on the train up to the fitba on Tuesday and the other half on the way down the day after. Jesus football has fairly lost it's character over the years. Not just by way off the mobs and the scrapping 'n that but just in general it seems to be a duller affair.

Is the other boys book any good? Think it's Jay Allan
    Jay Allans is better than Dan Rivers. Fitba hooligan books are much n such on the whole

Often read some true crime longreads during lunch at work. This recent one is pretty good

https://magazine.atavist.com/blood-c...mark-woodworth

Books:- Still plowing thru US Civil War and Wheel of Time books but will get shot of them at Christmas in time for the new influx of reading material coming my way (Wisdens, Game of Thrones prequel)

Name:  download.jpeg
Views: 116
Size:  10.7 KB

Just finished this

Very good book. Well written and very interesting

Name:  51Ss6RXxTXL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  29.6 KB

Read this over my holiday

Some interesting stuff in it.

There was a Raith Rovers before the Raith Rovers we know. They merged with Cowdenbeath Rangers to form the Cowdenbeath we know now

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Name:  51Ss6RXxTXL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  29.6 KB

Read this over my holiday

Some interesting stuff in it.

There was a Raith Rovers before the Raith Rovers we know. They merged with Cowdenbeath Rangers to form the Cowdenbeath we know now
    Always pegged Cowden for Huns, good to have proof

Quote Originally Posted by StandfreeFM View Post
    Always pegged Cowden for Huns, good to have proof
    I think Donald Findlay proved it a long time ago

The black socks with red tops was also a give away

Page 42 of 71 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast