+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 55 of 71 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Fit You Reading 3

Quote Originally Posted by swaddon View Post
    I'm reading Bryan Cooney's book about the Dons. It's nae very good in my opinion. Mind you, last night I was reading the bit where he was talking with Ally Shewan, who was less than complimentary about our "new" "defender" Ash Taylor.

Sorry if his book has been mentioned before, I hinna been on here since 2016.
    Good to see someone else thing its poor. It has a bad rep on here.

Its better than Dan Rivers book though

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Deservedly so. From a boy who had a career as a high-profile sports journo, the sub-editing is practically non-existent, and he seems terribly bitter about the team he supports, although that's hardly unusual. I wonder if he's a resident pant-pisher on here?

Fit like swaddon, min? Still in the 'Cote? You'll be able to go and cheer Shinnie on.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Deservedly so. From a boy who had a career as a high-profile sports journo, the sub-editing is practically non-existent, and he seems terribly bitter about the team he supports, although that's hardly unusual. I wonder if he's a resident pant-pisher on here?

Fit like swaddon, min? Still in the 'Cote? You'll be able to go and cheer Shinnie on.
    The way he goes on about Harry Yorston leaving Aberdeen for a job in the fish market makes it look like he was forced out of the club. From what I have read before, it was because the job was very sought-after and paid more than fitba did at the time.

Nae bad, min. I live in Burton now, which is not far fae Derby. I wouldn't go to watch Derby, though.

Name:  book.jpg
Views: 274
Size:  13.6 KB

Good read this.

I cant even imagine to think what fighting in those conditions was like

I am going to make sure I make a trip over to Ypres this year

Name:  Engleby.jpg
Views: 307
Size:  44.9 KB

Pretty good. Faulks is prolific and highly-rated, but I find him a bit hit or miss.

30% in* and he's already mentioned Robin Trower, Procol Harum, Soft Machine, T Rex and Focus, and drinks in a bar, in what is obviously Cambridge, called Footballers.

It's 1973 and Heath's announced the 3-day week as the NUM takes him on, but in Santiago, Allende's just been deposed by Thatcher's mate Pinochet and things are hotting up. He's been reading my diaries, had I ever been stupid enough to keep such a thing.

*Kindle only for now until I get a new lens put in my right eye. What a **** that is.

Bad Vibes by Luke Haines. Think it was Mason who mentioned it on here. Im 3/4 way thru it. Quite amusing. He's a bitter c:nt. Probably rightly so.

Just finished Kill 'em all / John Niven - nae bad.
    A dark comedy about blackmail involving Michael Jackson, the family of one of MJ's wee 'pals' and the main character (a record company exec) attempt to fleece them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post

Its better than Dan Rivers book though

Don't know if it would be of interest to you but Joey Barton's autobiography is on Kindle today for 99p.

Quote Originally Posted by dons8321 View Post
    Don't know if it would be of interest to you but Joey Barton's autobiography is on Kindle today for 99p.
    I bet it's fu(kin garbage, on a par with 'Bouncing Back' and includes the phrase "Needless to say, I had the last laugh" four**** times. Most self-satisfied, mistakenly arrogant (unt ever to play footie. I mind him slagging off Darren Fletcher when he went to West Brom on Radio 5, really vitriolic stuff. I was agog I tell you, agog.

Quote Originally Posted by StandfreeFM View Post
    I bet it's fu(kin garbage, on a par with 'Bouncing Back' and includes the phrase "Needless to say, I had the last laugh" four**** times. Most self-satisfied, mistakenly arrogant (unt ever to play footie. I mind him slagging off Darren Fletcher when he went to West Brom on Radio 5, really vitriolic stuff. I was agog I tell you, agog.
    Hey, don't shoot the messenger!

Quote Originally Posted by dons8321 View Post
    Nae sure i could handle that. Its pre hun but still.

Page 55 of 71 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast