+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 67 of 71 FirstFirst ... 17576566676869 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Fit You Reading 3

Name:  2AC4E38A-4FE2-4B7E-8A1B-2B253A3F94AB.jpg
Views: 344
Size:  12.7 KB

The world needs more Bob Doyle’s

Willy Maley’s auld man, featured on the Glasgow Trades Union pages today.
    https://www.glasgowlive.co.uk/news/h...-4QdWYWB7MfG6w

.,,,and this is just marvellous:

https://www.greentrax.com/music/product/no-pasaran

Name:  911xCyRfS4L.jpg
Views: 454
Size:  96.8 KB

Just finishing this....

Fair play to the guy, he's devoted his life to finding justice for his brother. I am not so sure if I could find the strength to take on the Met police, bent coppers, News International, the masons and London organised crime figures if a member of my family was killed.

The thing is I know the ending can't be so positive as I noticed a piece in the news not so long ago stating that some of the accused had recently won compensation for wrongful arrest relating to this case.

The authors recommended another book about corruption that includes the Daniel Morgan murder. 'Untouchables' by Michael Gillard and Laurie Flynn. £25 odd online and over 500 pages, be starting that soon.

Turgenev’s ‘Fathers and Sons’.

No sign of Lev Yashin yet, but given Russian literature’s propensity for huge character lists, I’m sure he’ll be on the bench as cover for the self-styled nihilist and annoying **** Bazarov (his would be by now if I was in the narrative).

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Attachment 13206

Do none of you boys actually read fiction?

This baby's been on my radar (and shelves) for months, and since I had a new lens put in last week to replace one that was 80% cataracted, I have been able to read a non-Kindle book for the first time in 18 months.

Miners' strike 84 is the background, two generations of a dysfunctional NUM family in disagreement. Toff family in the manor hoose have a dodgy back story according to photies. Late ****s daughter of big hoose seems like she's looking for a bit of rough with a miner's loon.

Reminiscent of Saville by David Storey, with shades of The Horseman by Tim Pears.

Fab.
    I read it after seeing your review on here. Felt it could have been edited down a bit, but overall not a bad read for a frst time author.

I often feel that way, but I'll keep tabs on the boy.

I got St Paisley's ain Chris Bookmyre's A Big Boy Did It And Ran Away for 99p on a Kindle offer and I'm enjoying it, although it's slightly dated, as these things can be, and he's nae yet developed the incisive simile technique for which he's become renowned.

Since I retired, I've re-heated my local lebry membership and got the newly-published This Lovely City by Louise Hare oot yesterday after a request. Windrush passenger, postie by day, Soho jazz club clarinetist by night. Very promising.

I got it after listening to Book Club on the BBC podcast, a great source of reading recommendations.

Andrew Hunter-Murray's The Lost is on order (I'm in a long queue) and I'll be looking for Brian Bilston's Diary Of A Somebody once the best of our local public services is back up to speed once the current jandies outbreak is but a memory.

Defoe's A Journal of the Plague Year might be a topical read right now.

Bump from ***tuple Nelson to 667. To **** with hopping aroon like David Shepherd until one of you lot decides to respond, and the ghost of Stuartie Green (Keith CC, nae to be confused with another of that name) may be still at the ghostly Fife Park crease.

Diary of a fat Jack Russell Aged 11 3/4. Just a fat dog on twitter

Excellent cricket reference there, stewarty, keeping the theme gaun.

Page 67 of 71 FirstFirst ... 17576566676869 ... LastLast