+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 34 of 71 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Fit You Reading 3

Good easy read.

Eerie to start with. he wrote the preface on his death bed. Did he hold on until his book was done before he died?

An unsung Aberdonian hero

Very very relevant to my job due to 75% of equipment I work on having electromagnetic motors. He was way ahead of his time

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Attachment 10130

Good book this. For any fitba book enthusiasts
    Agreed, excellent book. R.I.P. Joe McGinniss, quite a life led.

Currently reading:-

Wisden Almanack 1952 edition - Found it on holiday to add to my collection, good read tho. Peter May and Jim Laker are 2 of the 5 Cricketers of the Year

Wheel of Time 10 - Crossroads of Twilight. As p!sh as the others but not giving up now.

The Civil War - Harry Hansen. Picked it up as know nowt about American Civil War. Cannae be that good as half way through and still know nowt.

Quote Originally Posted by StandfreeFM View Post

The Civil War - Harry Hansen. Picked it up as know nowt about American Civil War. Cannae be that good as half way through and still know nowt.
    Get the 3 volumes on it by Shelby Foote. It’s the books the Ken Burns documentary was based on. They’re brilliant

The South will rise again

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Get the 3 volumes on it by Shelby Foote. It’s the books the Ken Burns documentary was based on. They’re brilliant

The South will rise again
    Shelby Foote also said the South would never have won.

A World on Fire is a good book for you. From the perspective of Britian.

Busy trip this. Book 4 in 6 days.

Ally MacLeod once did a Q&A in Craiginches. Only supposed to be for half an hour but he went on for hours.

Also never knew prisoners used to clean the terraces after games

^^^^^^^^
    This book gives an interesting insight into how Aberdeen FC were involved with Craiginches. The aforementioned Ally visit and prisoners cleaning Pittodrie

Other people did Q&As including Bobby Connor, Fergie, Billy McNeil, Jim Bett and Charlie Nic and Craig Robertson did what was described as a great comedy double act. The Pittodrie nets also used to be made at Craigies (along with Montrose and Brechin)

Learn something new every day

Busy trip this. Book 4 in 6 days.

Ally MacLeod once did a Q&A in Craiginches. Only supposed to be for half an hour but he went on for hours.

Also never knew prisoners used to clean the terraces after games
    My old man worked there back in the late 50s, early 60s. Came to work one day and got asked if he fancied a transfer to Bar-L to help "sort out" the prisoners. Said no due to the fact that Glasgow was the other side of the world back then. A day later he was transfered anyway.

Few Aberdonians ended up down here with the police and prison service. Our supporters club was started by him and his ex pat pals.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    My old man worked there back in the late 50s, early 60s. Came to work one day and got asked if he fancied a transfer to Bar-L to help "sort out" the prisoners. Said no due to the fact that Glasgow was the other side of the world back then. A day later he was transfered anyway.

Few Aberdonians ended up down here with the police and prison service. Our supporters club was started by him and his ex pat pals.
    Also interesting.

Sack working in a prison by the way

Also interesting.

Sack working in a prison by the way
    Absolutely pish job now compared to then. My old man has some cracking stories.

Page 34 of 71 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast