+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 35 of 71 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Fit You Reading 3

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post

Busy trip this. Book 4 in 6 days.
    I'm lucky if I do 4 books in a year now. Having kids isnae conducive to erudition through the devouring of literature.

Might try that World on Fire Aldo, this other Civil War book is getting launched.

I have a wee man at home and he doesn't get in the way of reading. I read in every spare minute I have. Much prefer it to the telly

I'm offshore just now so smash in about ten a trip. May break the record as I have f@uuuuuuuuuuuck all to do

I'm reading Inglorious Empire a critique of colonial record in British India

The Scots were just as corrupt and mercenary as the English. Despite the Scots only making up 9% of the total British population in the early 19th century, the British East India Company had around 25% of Scots.

The British were barbaric, none more so exemplified by the Jallianwala Bagh massacre of 1919 by the monster (and probable Hun) General Dyer...

Name:  downloadfile-02.jpg
Views: 212
Size:  12.1 KB

Read this on holiday. Heavy with detail.

Difficult to get your head around what went on. No explanation for some of the confessions or how they were obtained. Everyone seemed to be total fantasists, the accused and accusers alike. Politics, war and economics in tatters meant everyone started to turn on each other. Desperate and cruel times.

I also ignored everyone else's suggestions and got a book on Saladin which despite it's reviews was absolutely pish. It was like a book version of those American channel 5 documentaries where they recap everything after the adverts. You

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Name:  downloadfile-02.jpg
Views: 212
Size:  12.1 KB

Read this on holiday. Heavy with detail.

Difficult to get your head around what went on. No explanation for some of the confessions or how they were obtained. Everyone seemed to be total fantasists, the accused and accusers alike. Politics, war and economics in tatters meant everyone started to turn on each other. Desperate and cruel times.

I also ignored everyone else's suggestions and got a book on Saladin which despite it's reviews was absolutely pish. It was like a book version of those American channel 5 documentaries where they recap everything after the adverts. You
    Don't leave us hanging min, you can't stop the review there?

Mason might want to do an updated version of Witchfinders with all his lurid unsubstantiated 'Westminster/Dolphin Square Pe@do ring' finger pointing.

Quote Originally Posted by StandfreeFM View Post

Mason might want to do an updated version of Witchfinders with all his lurid unsubstantiated 'Westminster/Dolphin Square Pe@do ring' finger pointing.

https://youtu.be/EjJeQSfFhj8

Quote Originally Posted by StandfreeFM View Post
    You have to subscribe.

Started this last night. Probably nae the best material to be reading offshore. Especially when I am contracted to the biggest pricks when it comes to safety and covering up sh@t that should be reported as major incidents. Always said this place will be the next Piper Alpha. There have been two major gas leaks in 10 years that eclipse what caused Piper Alpha and more

Definitely similarities between Occidental and this mob

Thought id lighten the mood after the Piper Alpha book. Put me on a downer

So I started a book on murder, death threats, poverty and mad dictators

Good read. Basically a book on the darker side of the World Cup. Like the Zaire team of 74 and what they went through and what followed the WC. El Salvador v Honduras war match, Andreas Escobar

Get it for pennies these days

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post

Thought id lighten the mood after the Piper Alpha book. Put me on a downer

So I started a book on murder, death threats, poverty and mad dictators

Good read. Basically a book on the darker side of the World Cup. Like the Zaire team of 74 and what they went through and what followed the WC. El Salvador v Honduras war match, Andreas Escobar

Get it for pennies these days
    Coincidentally, I read this book around March, possibly with anticipation of the 2018 WC...I think that a reviewer mentioned that the author writes for WSC (When Saturday Comes), which I begun purchasing monthly a couple of years back but I haven't be aware of any of his articles...

I liked one of the chapter names, "Tiptoeing through the Tickertape" which provides the perfect mental image of Mario Kempes dancing towards the Dutch goal for his second...even though the tournament was unfairly weighted towards the Argentinians, Rob Rensenbrink came within a bawhair of winning it for the Dutch in the dying seconds of normal time

A good chapter on the El Salvador - Honduras football war too if I remember correctly...I bought a book about it in a Guatemala City second-hand bookshop in the hope that I'd learn to read Spanish, which to date alas, hasn't happened...

Page 35 of 71 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast