+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 59 of 71 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Fit You Reading 3

My pal played against Eddie Annand when he was at Ayr (for Deveronvale in the Scottish). Says he was one of the best players he ever faced. Him and Fat McGinlay. 6-0 Ayr. Annand got a double. Paul Sheerin also scored that day

Name:  axeman.jpg
Views: 366
Size:  15.0 KB

New Orleans in its early jazz-crazy days, and some ****er is going around with an axe (not a musical instrument) offing citizens. A letter, claimed to be from Hell, written by an adherent of Satan, has been written to the Ponchartrain & Jazz saying that the ****er will strike again, on a given date, but in a kind of biblical Passover way, will avoid any house with a jazz band playing in it.

There's just been a Nawlins funeral at which a young drunk Lewis Armstrong (his forename as yet un-Gallicised) is playing in one of the four bands heading for the wake.

I'm lining up my Dexter Gordon LPs just in case life imitates art, and there's some **** in AB22 with a bloodlust, unless you have mint copy of The Birth of the Cool spinning.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Name:  axeman.jpg
Views: 366

New Orleans in its early jazz-crazy days, and some ****er is going around with an axe (not a musical instrument) offing citizens. A letter, claimed to be from Hell, written by an adherent of Satan, has been written to the Ponchartrain & Jazz saying that the ****er will strike again, on a given date, but in a kind of biblical Passover way, will avoid any house with a jazz band playing in it.

There's just been a Nawlins funeral at which a young drunk Lewis Armstrong (his forename as yet un-Gallicised) is playing in one of the four bands heading for the wake.

I'm lining up my Dexter Gordon LPs just in case life imitates art, and there's some **** in AB22 with a bloodlust, unless you have mint copy of The Birth of the Cool spinning.
    A guy i used to work with said thats a cracking book

Name:  _20190120_225603.JPG
Views: 352
Size:  33.7 KB

I read this this morning. Interesting.

My favourite part in the whole book is a quote from the Aberdeen Evening Gazzette 25/11/1904 in regards to the final with Renton at Dens Park

"Tomorrow about 2000 red hot football enthusiasts- not to say fanatics will journey from the Granite City to the JUTEOPOLIS"

Brilliant

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    A guy i used to work with said thats a cracking book
    It was OK. I felt that the author was as keen on advertising his knowledge of the geography of NOLA and its environs as much as he was in dramatising a true story from 4 imagined POVs.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    JUTEPOLIS
    Had too much to do with that lot in my younger days.

Books? I'm currently reading, well thumbing through might be more accurate, 'The Football Grounds of Europe' by Simon Inglis.

Name:  51x2iAh8mXL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
Views: 315
Size:  40.7 KB

Powering through this. Good read for any AC/DC fan

Name:  dg1.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  13.8 KB

Name:  dg2.jpg
Views: 237

Read both of these between my my bed last night and my sofa this morning

Excellent reading and written by a true football romantic(He also wrote the great Stramash, about Scottish fitba)

You will find your self reading the chapter titles and agreeing with his choices.

Worth the expenditure on Amazon if you see them

Name:  9780224064422.jpg
Views: 229
Size:  14.0 KB

Nae a bad read. German keeper going from lower league German obscurity to the guffball Premiership

You read this Acido min. Its about your mob

Dombey and Son, Dickens’s satire on business, dysfunctional familial relationships, and the spread of the railways. I read it in Paris in 2004, and am reading it again since it’s the local Dickens Fellowship’s featured volume for 19-20, and I need to appear vaguely knowledgable if someone asks a question. My default answer of “track 3, side two”, or “Francis Munro in the 74th minute” will probably be unsuitable if the questioner is seeking my insight to the development of Walter’s character and his strategy for getting into Florence Dombey’s knickers. On the mobile version, so canna observe the rules by posting a pic.
    Last edited by 57vintage; 04-09-2019 at 09:17 AM. Reason: Words are flowing out like endless rain into a paper cup

Page 59 of 71 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast