+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 49 of 71 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Fit You Reading 3

Name:  dl.jpg
Views: 277
Size:  11.7 KB

Got this off Ebay for a pittance. Always been a fan of the man. One of the players I wish I saw in the flesh and hes fae the toon which scores points. He was a top geez when I met him to get his life in pictures book "King and Country" signed at Waterstones. Really fine mannie.

I have read his second autobiography The King nut this has a bit more on Torino. Sounds like he was a bit of a lad over there. Plenty of this happened and it ended up allover the papers but it was all innocent though, honest

Got through a few books in the last couple of weeks.

Finished the mindhunter one...

Amazing what these guys can do with their profiling skills. They can usually tell you what make, model and colour of car a suspect will be driving just from looking at crime scene photos and police notes. Good read.

Next was 'Red Notice' by Bill Browder

He was a big investor in Russia back when it's economy was on it's knees. He made his clients and himself a lot of money but made a few enemies along the way, including Putin resulting in the murder of his Lawyer.

Great book.

Just finished 'manhunt' written by the guy who caught Levi Bellfield.

It's a good enough book but seen as I have read a bit about those cases before, it didn't cover much new ground for me.

Finished The dirt by Motley Crue after the amount of recommendations on here.

I am certainly not a fan, but am pretty into my music and really enjoyed the book. I am still at a loss though how all of them are still alive. Absolutely nuts, just mental some of the things they got up to.

Now changing direction a little and am into Glencoe: Story of the Massacre by John Prebble. Surprisingly, its a little harder to read than the motley crue one........

Quote Originally Posted by awafaehame View Post
    Finished The dirt by Motley Crue after the amount of recommendations on here.

I am certainly not a fan, but am pretty into my music and really enjoyed the book. I am still at a loss though how all of them are still alive. Absolutely nuts, just mental some of the things they got up to.
    Another one for you if you liked the Dirt and cant believe they are still alive try this. Another who is inexplicably alive

"A Fast Ride Out Of Here" by Pete Way (of UFO).

I'm reading "Yes I can" by Sammy Davis Jnr

Should really be entitled "Yes I can, if Frank Sinatra says it's okay", cos Frank called the shots for all those guys.

Name:  31.jpg
Views: 266
Size:  10.8 KB

Another very good fitba read.

He visits Places like Haiti, American Samoa (hence the name of the book), Antigua and Barbuda, Lebanon and many more. Basically, places that will get hammered in World Cup Qualifiers. But he also visits games place with political tension Romania v Hungary and Croatia v Serbia to name a couple. Very informative stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Another one for you if you liked the Dirt and cant believe they are still alive try this. Another who is inexplicably alive

"A Fast Ride Out Of Here" by Pete Way (of UFO).
    Downloaded it and started it. Trying heroin at 13! Jeez.
    Anyway, I see the movie version of the Dirt is put on netflix today. Be interesting to see how it is compared to the book, probably shiite, but might be worth a swatch.

Quote Originally Posted by awafaehame View Post
    Downloaded it and started it. Trying heroin at 13! Jeez.
    Anyway, I see the movie version of the Dirt is put on netflix today. Be interesting to see how it is compared to the book, probably shiite, but might be worth a swatch.
    The Friday I get home from here will be a few beers and that film. Looking forward to it

The Crue themselves had a lot to do with it so it might be good

Ozzys one time bassist. Nae really on his career as a whole. Just the Ozzy years. Its really a tribute to Randy Rhodes. A guy missing his pal. No mentuion of Whitesnake and little on Quiet Riot

Nae a bad read though. Some funny stories on Ozzy and insider info into what Randy was like as a person

So who were you Mason min? Scruff? Gunner? Sebastian the terp?

Decent book by an excellent author

Page 49 of 71 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast