+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 31 of 71 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Fit You Reading 3

Coincidently, the day after i finished Hiroos book he died.

Now where do i get a copy of Mark Hatelys autobiography

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Thanks Packers.

I read the Dirt when it came out and they were all worse than Goodwillie.

I've not watched Lone Survivor as it looks pish but I'll have a look and I'm aware of the mad Japanese ******* so I'll definitely check that out.

Nae way all the Crue would have been better fitballers than that over rated Minker.

Easily the worst player who has graced our fine team. Said that the day he signed.Thats another debate for another thread.

Reading Where's Your Caravan by Chris Hargreaves think Pacmannie recommended it aboot 6 yrs ago about the lower leagues of guffball , the joys of playing for Northampton on a wet Tuesday in November at Rochdale thats proper fitba

Good book that Vas min

Ice by Ulla-Lena Lundberg.

Life in a preacher’s hoose on a remote Finnish island immediately after The Contnuation War.

Weather. Childbirth. Weather. Caul. Ice. The postie’s stoical heroics. Weather. Coos. Weather. Hairsting. Weather. Ice. Ice. Baby.

Read this is one last night. Went to Peterhead Prison museum last time home and the only book in the shop I hadn't read

Once id bought it I turned round and Jackie Stewart the author was next to me so I got a yap. Hats off that he's doing tours in his late 80s

Anyway its a quick read and to hear of his ordeal in in the siege is worth a read

Planning on a visit to the battlefields this year so swatting up a bit

PAC. I have some books on the subject I can let you have. Been a couple of times, it let me trace places my Grandfather fought and the area my wife’s great uncle won the VC.
    Very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochead View Post
    PAC. I have some books on the subject I can let you have. Been a couple of times, it let me trace places my Grandfather fought and the area my wife’s great uncle won the VC.
    Very interesting.
    Awesome. That would be fantastic. I have always been about reading up on WW2 but I read about the Somme(where I will also go) and I didn't stop on WW1 after that. The Highlanders museum also helped me a lot. Not sure why I only read about WW2 and not WW1

Weegie Craig I work saw I was reading a book on Paschendale and then told me he went to find his Great Grandad as nobody in his family had done prior. So he went to Ypres and succeeded. He got me hooked on the idea. Told me about the buglars at night in the town. Showed me his photos. I just thought it was a great idea. Planning on going around my birthday which coincidentally is 11/11

And yes of course I looked up the nearest team where I will also visit. Kortrijk. Zulte-Waregem are not far away either

History and fitba with great beer. Perfect holiday
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 19-06-2018 at 08:47 AM.

Will get that sorted pac and get back to you.

Very very much appreciated

Page 31 of 71 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast