+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Derby v Burnley

re: Derby v Burnley

OTR - This is my first posting on FootyMad for over 2 years thanks to the departure of that self-delusional despot of a moderator on Claretsmad who has thankfully gone off to his own fantasyland allowing us who had the temerity to question his delusional omnipotence to return to the fold and, who better, to reply to but you my friend||

I think you, and your fellow Rams, potential concern over the outcome of Monday night`s game may be a little misplaced even taking into consideration our recent better than good record against you.

Yes, we are all of a sudden winning games relatively easily but, and some of my fellow Clarets fans may disagree, up until the demolition of a pathetic Charlton Athletic on the 19th December 2015 I have NOT repeat NOT seen Burnley FC play really well up until then.

Believe me, the game will be a very close one and I, as the official Burnley FC club pessimist can see you turning us over. We have not beaten a team in the top 6 this season (apart from

If you'd seen us play this season BeneBoy then you'd realise quite how laughable your tip about leaving out our 'big men at the back' is. Not many contenders for genuine player of the season but the only two I can think of are those very same...'big men at the back'.
    A lot resting on this match...be interesting to see if we can return to form and whether you can handle things with the pressure being back on as we all approach a less 'forgiving' stage of the season.

It will be a close game,but we have goals all over our team. 1-0 hard fought win for the clarets.

[quote="BeneBoyBFCN58"]OTR - This is my first posting on FootyMad for over 2 years thanks to the departure of that self-delusional despot of a moderator on Claretsmad who has thankfully gone off to his own fantasyland allowing us who had the temerity to question his delusional omnipotence to return to the fold and, who better, to reply to but you my friend||

I think you, and your fellow Rams, potential concern over the outcome of Monday night`s game may be a little misplaced even taking into consideration our recent better than good record against you.

Yes, we are all of a sudden winning games relatively easily but, and some of my fellow Clarets fans may disagree, up until the demolition of a pathetic Charlton Athletic on the 19th December 2015 I have NOT repeat NOT seen Burnley FC play really well up until then.

Believe me, the game will be a very close one and I, as the official Burnley FC club pessimist can see you turning us over. We have not be

Eh up, OTR my friend.Sorry to hear you are still not 100% and we may not be seeing you. Still your health is more important than any footy match, even this one, so get fully fit soon. If by any chance you do make a late decision to attend, yes you'll find me in my usual pre-match haunt and NO your other Claret "mate" will NOT be there!

A close game it most certainly will be and I, for one, have no idea who is going to win. Good luck to you Rams for the rest of the season.....after tomorrow that is.

Will keep in touch Rammy old mate.

PS - AnagRam - Was only joking/hoping you left out them 2 big good lads at the back that you have. After all we have Sam Vokes upfront who can be a bit of a nuisance now and then but I think Shacks knows better than most how to deal with him. Now that Andre Gray bloke is a different kettle of fish!!

Quote Originally Posted by AnagRam
    Thank God and RBF for a football thread.
    1. Don't believe in bogey teams, they've only been beating us recently because they've usually been better than us, the rest is all self fulfilling prophecy and we've got to wake up sometime. Head to Head there's nothing in it, in fact we hold a slight advantage - he said trying to tempt fate - so 1-2 to us
    Fair points Anagram. Personally I just want the team to get out there and show some bottle and avoid defeat in this game. We have totally missed the opportunity to take advantage of Hulls sticky patch and the players need to do their jobs & work hard to avoid a mediocre finish in the championship.

[quote="BeneBoyBFCN58" will NOT be there!

A close game it most certainly will be and I, for one, have no idea who is going to win. Good luck to you Rams for the rest of the season.....after tomorrow that is.

Will keep in touch Rammy old mate.

PS - AnagRam - Was only joking/hoping you left out them 2 big good lads at the back that you have. After all we have Sam Vokes upfront who can be a bit of a nuisance now and then but I think Shacks knows better than most how to deal with him. Now that Andre Gray bloke is a different kettle of fish!!

[/quote]

Hi Nut

Tintin (Trevor) has also asked me if I will be coming up to the game

I'm guessing that Dyche will resist trotting out the 'market leaders' jibe again this evening. Even he must realise how daft it sounds....

Sky reporting that Shotton and Baird in contention for starts this evening

Quote Originally Posted by ManxRam
    Sky reporting that Shotton and Baird in contention for starts this evening
    Words to strike fear into the heart...

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)