+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Derby v Burnley

Derby v Burnley

It's quite a way off yet (bloody Sky) but what is without a doubt a huge huge game, it's worth discussing it.

It's fair to say that we don't have a great record against Burnley. The last time Derby beat Burnley was in 2007. The last team we won at Turf Moor was 2004. We seem to have a lot of bogey teams but Burnley have a strong claim of being THE bogey team. All that is not good reading for us when we could potentially end up being 5th come Tuesday. Just to add even more promise to our chances, Burnley have began to pick up again after a poor run of form. Four wins from five, scoring 14 and conceding just two.

Now the pessimistic might be wondering why Derby are turning up, but there is some solace...

Burnley are yet to beat any of the top five in the league this season. In fact they've only scored one in the four meetings they've had with the rest of the top five. Another stat is... ummmm... well that's about it... Ignoring stats for a second. Derby could be ready to welcom

re: Derby v Burnley

Good post, I will be delighted if Carson is back, he makes a big difference to my life expectancy!

1, 0-1 (Derby win)
    2, Russell, Martin, Ince
    3, I'm not confident now!
    4, Grant (least) Carson (most)
    5, I know his singing teacher, she's really good. He's just doing what he's paid to do, because there is a demand for it. I can't stand it.

Edit: It's time to put a consistent team out, no messing around with funny formations or team experiments. A team to win the game in the 1st half. Players will have to step up their game and fight for their place if they want to play.

1.a nil nil draw
    2.russell Martin ince
    3.not very,
    4.shotton......or Grant being more realistic
    5.not popular in my house....

Butterfield needs to start.
    Interesting one for me is to choose between Johnson and Hendrick...on recent form...I would start with the latter.

Good bench to stretch tired legs to include Blackman, camara, weimann,

[quote="RamBamFan"]It's quite a way off yet (bloody Sky) but what is without a doubt a huge huge game, it's worth discussing it.

It's fair to say that we don't have a great record against Burnley. The last time Derby beat Burnley was in 2007. The last team we won at Turf Moor was 2004. We seem to have a lot of bogey teams but Burnley have a strong claim of being THE bogey team. All that is not good reading for us when we could potentially end up being 5th come Tuesday. Just to add even more promise to our chances, Burnley have began to pick up again after a poor run of form. Four wins from five, scoring 14 and conceding just two.

Now the pessimistic might be wondering why Derby are turning up, but there is some solace...

Burnley are yet to beat any of the top five in the league this season. In fact they've only scored one in the four meetings they've had with the rest of the top five. Another stat is... ummmm... well that's about it... Ignoring stats

Thank God and RBF for a football thread.
    1. Don't believe in bogey teams, they've only been beating us recently because they've usually been better than us, the rest is all self fulfilling prophecy and we've got to wake up sometime. Head to Head there's nothing in it, in fact we hold a slight advantage - he said trying to tempt fate - so 1-2 to us.
    2. Camara/Martin/Blackman or what Satanic said.
    3. Still ages to go but not as confident as I currently am so not very.
    4. Shackell and Butterfield most...Nick Pickering or Gary Teale least, never much use and getting on a bit now.
    5. Wtf is Sam Smith...wasn't he an American tennis player?

Quote Originally Posted by AnagRam
    1. Don't believe in bogey teams, they've only been beating us recently because they've usually been better than us, the rest is all self fulfilling prophecy and we've got to wake up sometime. Head to Head there's nothing in it, in fact we hold a slight advantage - he said trying to tempt fate - so 1-2 to us.
    4. Shackell and Butterfield most...Nick Pickering or Gary Teale least.
    Wasn't that Stan smith of adidas training shoe fame?

Rambam I always try to be positive about how we will go on But having watched Burnley against Brentford I fear for us Especially if you are right with team selection it will take more than just swapping Hendrick for Butters to get this team back on track How on earth can we start with Russell and Ince they were diabolical against Brum Having just heard Clements saying he doesn't need another left back I am beginning to wonder about him I dread the thought of ever having to play Baird at left back

1) 3-1
    2) Camara Martin Blackman
    3) Still confident
    4) Ince least Butterfield most
    5 Not sure who Sam Smith is it Jims grandson no wonder he is popular then

Quote Originally Posted by Satanic Ram
    4. Shackell and Butterfield most...Nick Pickering or Gary Teale least.
    Wasn't that Stan smith of adidas training shoe fame?[/quote]

That's the one Satanic. Never knew he could sing too.

1) Score prediction? 1-1
    2) What front three would you go for? Blackman, Bent (yes 2 up front again) ince playing deeper off these two but central. Present fast narrow front away from home.
    3) If results went against Derby then we'd be 7 points off second. How confident would you be of promotion if that were to happen? Still too early to judge
    4) Which do you least/most want to see on the team sheet? Least: Martin; Most: Butterfield
    5) Why is Sam Smith (the singer) so popular? He's duller than dishwater. Never heard of her: thought he was a brewer from Tadcaster

Quote Originally Posted by roger_ramjet
    1) Score prediction? 1-1
    2) What front three would you go for? Blackman, Bent (yes 2 up front again) ince playing deeper off these two but central. Present fast narrow front away from home.
    3) If results went against Derby then we'd be 7 points off second. How confident would you be of promotion if that were to happen? Still too early to judge
    4) Which do you least/most want to see on the team sheet? Least: Martin; Most: Butterfield
    5) Why is Sam Smith (the singer) so popular? He's duller than dishwater. Never heard of her: thought he was a brewer from Tadcaster
    That's John smith I think?

Our girl, as just told me that this Sam smith fella sang the James Bond theme. Well I haven't seen James Bond since Roger Moore was 007. So still none the wiser.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)