+ Visit Southampton FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Swansea

Swansea

Anyone going ? Tickets on general sale now.
    £17-50 because I'm old. It's all good .

re: Swansea

Afraid not K, my next game will be West Ham, am taking the niece to her first Saints game, she's been bugging me all season. Hope she isn't intimidated by the fearsome goings on in the Chapel...

I will be there K.

Setting off now. That sky looks threatening.
    Gonna be a difficult drive.

Damn, I'm not going to make it again!!!
    I'll have to stream the game again, at 2:00 am

How was the day, Kernow ?

Didn't look to be the most entertaining of games, but the travelling Saints sounded in fine voice and the journey home must have been a lot more bearable with all of the points in the bag !

If Swansea stay up, I'd consider going and stopping over next season - Wind Street makes for a cracking night out.

Thoroughly enjoyable day out. The drive up was painless and it stayed dry for the whole day. Getting to and from Liberty Stadium was easy with the park and ride.

It's true that the match wasn't good entertainment for the neutral but a fantastic away performance and result from Saints compensated for a lack of entertainment for the neutral. Anyway who cares about the neutral !?
    Saints kept it tight defensively throughout with the only shot on goal in the first half from the opposition ending up in Row J or K of the bank of vocal Saints fans in the North Stand. Saints had a couple of 1st half chances which they spurned with Pelle and Long volleying and heading the ball respectively straight at their goalkeeper.
    Second half was much the same with Romeu for us and Williams for them spurning great headed chances with the ball sliding off their Brylcreem arf !
    Saints' substitutions were effective especially the introduction of Cedric who was found with a long diagonal pass from Davis

Nice write up - cheers, K.