+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 26 of 69 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Pleasurable Listening XIII

re: O/T Pleasurable Listening XIII

I was checking out music world record after the fitba last night and this link is the fastest drumming ever.

Tom Grosset (dont know who he is) he took the record from Mike Mangini(ex Annihilator, current Dream Theater drummer)

Even though im not a drummer myself i love watching the stickmen, especially being a heavy metal/rock fan where the best drummers are found*

* no arguing its true - view external link

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903
    I was checking out music world record after the fitba last night and this link is the fastest drumming ever.

Tom Grosset (dont know who he is) he took the record from Mike Mangini(ex Annihilator, current Dream Theater drummer)

Even though im not a drummer myself i love watching the stickmen, especially being a heavy metal/rock fan where the best drummers are found*

* no arguing its true

Not jazz then?

I see where your coming from but if you take the best heavy metal/rock drummers (Neil Peart, Dave Lombardo, Gene Hoglan, Mike Portnoy, Charlie Benante,Mike Mangini) they are all influenced by jazz drummers but take it to another level

Im not discrediting jazz drummers in any way as the world of heavy metal would not be the same without them,

Just like heavy metal guitar playing would be a different ball game without Nicollo Paganini. Incredible influence from a guy who died in the mid 1800s

Unfortunately for Neil Part he was in the most overrated band of all time. Therefore he can't be recognised.

Ginger Baker on the other hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983
    Unfortunately for Neil Part he was in the most overrated band of all time.
    More over rated than the Stone Roses?

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903

* no arguing its true
    That's a fairly subjective statement.
    It all depends on what you want from a drummer - smashing the bollix out of a skin or something more subtle...

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Grantland

* no arguing its true
    That's a fairly subjective statement.
    It all depends on what you want from a drummer - smashing the bollix out of a skin or something more subtle...[/quote]

Thats stereotyping at its best min. Nae all Heavy metal drummers just "smash the bollix out of a skin"

Speaking of drummers, Byron McMackin is a time change machine

Page 26 of 69 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast