+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 63 of 69 FirstFirst ... 13536162636465 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Pleasurable Listening XIII

Quote Originally Posted by DodHagi View Post
    That Mantaray tunes a good un.
    60ft Dolls/Stay must surely be on Lamacqs list is it? Great lesser known britpop tune.
    Marion/sleep, another lost top tune from that era

That Mantaray tunes a good un.
    60ft Dolls/Stay must surely be on Lamacqs list is it? Great lesser known britpop tune.
    Did you remember it or look it up?

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Did you remember it or look it up?
    I remember it well. I had it on a Select magazine CD im sure. Tried to look it up on youtube, amazingly theres no sign of it.

I remember it well. I had it on a Select magazine CD im sure. Tried to look it up on youtube, amazingly theres no sign of it.
    I've got their one and only album. I also heard it via Select. Got it on the way to Barcelona. Hermann Loves Pauline was being played on the radio at the time. Good times.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    I've got their one and only album. I also heard it via Select. Got it on the way to Barcelona. Hermann Loves Pauline was being played on the radio at the time. Good times.
    https://youtu.be/8cdORqnWM98

Speaking of lesser known bands from that time - do you remember Delakota? Cool band at the time. No f@cker has ever heard of them, even back then.
    Shack (Michael and John Head previously of the brilliant Pale Fountains) also never received the credit due in wider circles. Amazing band and output. Their 1991 Waterpistol LP is well worth a buy.

Think a lot of the reason folk have forgotten these artists & songs, was because they were sh1te. Sh1te at the time, sh1te now. Read an article with Steve Lamacq recently, trying to claim Bis, Rialto etc should’ve done more. The reason they didn’t, was because they were sh1te Steve. Even bands that I loved & still listen to on occasion like Gene & Echobelly - about 3/4 of their output was absolute sh1te

Totally agree Mason89, the majority of the NME/Lamacq fodder of the time was utter fkng garbage. Ive never met anyone who likes Elastica and that's cos they where fkng garbage. Massive in the NME tho.
    Bis - deary me.
    Im mentioning Shack generally as a band who no ones ever heard of and never did anything really but where actually genuinely good. They were on a drug induced hiatus during the 90's so im not putting them into the 90's lost classics bracket, just a lost classic.

I mentioned it before about the BritPop era. Looking back it was ace but actually the demise was down to bands producing fairly sub standard albums. A few class exceptions of course.

Halcyon days mind.

10 Lambert and Butler and a half quarter between about 30 of us.

Yep, they were great days. A gig every week, all nighters at Dafter Friday, upstairs in the Garage, the occasional trip to the art school, even though it was full of brown leather jacket wearing @rseholes trying to convince themselves they actually enjoy Northern Soul (nobody does) & winching posh weegie burds who all sported the Pulp t-shirt mini skirt, tights & sannies combo

This sums up what went wrong.

Page 63 of 69 FirstFirst ... 13536162636465 ... LastLast