+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New season

re: New season

Quote Originally Posted by texaco cup
    Sorry Steviex but as I said its all about personal opinion and I feel playing teams like Falkirk/Raith/Qos would bring a freshness to fixtures rather like in previous seasons playing St.Mirren/Hamilton/Kilmarnock.where we have played them so many times that it has become boring,dull and stagnant football.
    I get your point Im discussing your desire for more teams would see us playing more teams just as often and I can't see where this freshness comes from. The freshness would last a season. After 2/3 seasons you are watching the same teams every bit as often as we do now. If we think its hard to survive financially now a bigger league just offers playing more teams just as regularly for less income , cos not one reconstruction has increased crowds, its a false concept.

I can see why the - fruitless? - debate about for a magic league formula keeps coming back. Fewer people are turning up at matches, so the feeling that 'something needs to be done' is a hardy annual. The folks on this forum are committed to the 'Well; they, like me, are going to turn up anyway. But, after many years with blinkers on, I can see why the numbers are going down. The 'product' on the park isn't great. An hour and a half of well - organised jostling, pressing, closing down, 'sitting-in', 'parking the bus', 'keeping it tight at the back' and time-wasting isn't a formula to generate a lot of excitement / entertainment. That, I'm afraid, is characteristic of far too many SPFL matches. A winning team can stem the tide for some clubs some of the time, but temporarily. I have no idea where the league structures are going to end up, but on a totally and completely selfish level I'd rather, in terms of time, expense and convenience, make my way to Falkirk, Dunfermline and Kirkcal

[quote="dazlhigh"]I can see why the - fruitless? - debate about for a magic league formula keeps coming back. Fewer people are turning up at matches, so the feeling that 'something needs to be done' is a hardy annual. The folks on this forum are committed to the 'Well; they, like me, are going to turn up anyway. But, after many years with blinkers on, I can see why the numbers are going down. The 'product' on the park isn't great. An hour and a half of well - organised jostling, pressing, closing down, 'sitting-in', 'parking the bus', 'keeping it tight at the back' and time-wasting isn't a formula to generate a lot of excitement / entertainment. That, I'm afraid, is characteristic of far too many SPFL matches. A winning team can stem the tide for some clubs some of the time, but temporarily. I have no idea where the league structures are going to end up, but on a totally and completely selfish level I'd rather, in terms of time, expense and convenience, make

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)