+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Tavern was empty

re: The Tavern was empty

Room for a small one? Mine's a Guiness, although I am rather partial to a Bombay & Fevertree tonic don't you know

We've been open again for two weeks and great news! Some old and new customers have started drifting in. Welcome all.

The jukebox's lively and the drinks cold . I've flushed the lines and the taps are flowing.

I see Winnie is taking drink orders. Such a handy helper and so easy on the eye. Very chatty gal

"Winnie, LMV will tipple anything as long as it's free and Rosie's good for a pint of Lager"

I take a mental note to ask Blackpool to bring his guitar and sing to the patrons on Sunday afternoons. Fifty pounds and drinks should be ok. Hopefully he can sing and has a guitar.

Did you hear that?Fevertree tonic! Where does he think he is? Does it look poncy in here?

Ahhh bless! Yubby's just ordered a warm milk and Baily's. A perfect match for that shirt.

Well I've walked around and said hello. Suppose I should go change out of this dressing gown.

Don't forget to comb your hair too Oz - punters love a well turned out landlord.

OK no Fevertree then, guess I'll be having a pint of Ansells Mild and a packet of KP dry roasted.

Blackpool - after a bevvy or two to lubricate the throat I can be your vocalist, love an impromptu knees up me.

Pours WCV a pint of Ansells Mild. I'd be happy for you to have some Fevertree WCV, but a bit toooo posh for our Aussie landlord. I think he ordered some nuts though, so I'll go and have a rummage out back and bring them to your table.

Talking of food - I tried making some pancakes for everyone, but no-one was interested So, no pancakes on the menu then ... Any requests?

Look forward to Blackpool and WCV's sing song on Sunday. I'll start singing at chuck out time - guaranteed to clear the place in 3 seconds flat.

Yubbs, not toooo much Bailey's with that warm milk ... I don't want to have to call mum and dad to carry you home again ...

Winnie I would have gladly sampled your pancakes, but that would have caused a ruccus with Mrs WCV, who does make the best pancakes in the Westcountry.

What will we be singing on Sunday then? Getting away with it all messed up by James methinks - befits the the clowns at the helm of the club that unites us. Carling will be my next pint thanks Win.

I drink even less than ever(which was never much) these days now that I run a youth group.

Cider would be my preference. or a blonde.

I have twenty minutes to run in, grab a bitter and get back to the wife. Remi, the new kitten has pooped on the carpet and I've got to clean and deodorized it.

I'm here but the Stella is flat so I've brought me own.. necked a few and now I'm standing on a table with my arms in the air screaming "COME ON" with a big smile on me face..

but I won't hang about if someone don't get Take That off the jukebox.

Oz dropped enough coins to play Rick Astley for an hour.

Drat! Sorry Dad. I did try and hide that one from him but he snucked it back in again.

We should get away with it though, as long as we keep the mike away from him and Yubbs. If I hear them singing 'especially for you' to each other, one more time, followed by yet another argument about who's turn it is to be Kylie ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)