+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 92 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T TV Thread Version II

re: O/T TV Thread Version II

man in the high castle - watched the first 8 episodes not sure if I like it but I want to see what it's all about

Started watching Trapped on the eyeplayer thingie the other nicht

nae bad on EBC 4 the nicht

its in Icelandic and set in a toon wee-er than Pitmidden min

I presume it was produced a while ago but just got round to watching 'The docklands bomb: executing peace'. It was on BBC4. That bomb ended the IRA's 17 month ceasefire. Huge blast with footage from one of the police cars dash-cam that had showed up to help try and evacuate the area after a warning was given. A lot of insight in to the operation to track down those responsible. (even though the actual time they spent behind bars was no more than a few years) - but that's another story. Good watch.

Also watching 'the jinx: the life and deaths of Robert Durst' for the second time. Strange character this one, linked to the deaths of his wife, his good friend and his neighbour but comes across as a nice, intelligent chap. On to 3rd episode.

Finally finished Sopranos. Class from start to finish. Ok, it finished a bit meekly. It would have probably returned at some point if poor Gandolfini was still alive.

Started watching the fourth series of House of Cards

Quote Originally Posted by vasilyrats86
    Started watching Trapped on the eyeplayer thingie the other nicht

nae bad on EBC 4 the nicht

its in Icelandic and set in a toon wee-er than Pitmidden min
    its very interesting is trapped

claustrophobic and atmospheric

I was reading the big lad who plays andri is a *** symbol in iceland, so if any of you chaps are fond of a bacon roll or a pie Iceland might be the place

Sopranos was indeed class but the show would never have come back. Tony probably did not have long left at the end.

Working my way through Boardwalk Empire, its a bit meh tbh, giving Veep another try and have the last 3 series of Mad Men to go.

Oh aye and that OJ Simpson thing has been good so far.

Boardwalk Empire didn't do it for me and I found the Sopranos to be a little too cheesy.

I'll say it again, for anyone that's not seen it then go check out the Shield for some hard hitting action. As grim as game of thrones with a storyline better than House of Cards. Plus Mogwai on the soundtrack.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983
    I'll say it again, for anyone that's not seen it then go check out the Shield for some hard hitting action.
    Ill take you on there. Needing something new to start

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983
    I found the Sopranos to be a little too cheesy.
    Nae wonder. Tony was 'ey stuffing his face.

On House of Cards, what a fine looking woman Neve Campbell is these days.

House of Cards is a superb TV show and the dialog is phenomenal. Never did se the British original series, but may go to it once this one is all over with. Cant help wonder where Frank will end up... got a feeling Claire is up to something!

Saw last nights Walking Dead as well... was excellent. I know there aren't too many on here who like it, but Its had me gripped this season. Looking forward to the return of GOT in April and OITNB in June.

Page 7 of 92 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast