+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 52 of 92 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T TV Thread Version II

I would recommend 'They Shall Not Grow Old' on the iplayer/tv box. It was on BBC2 the other night. Peter Jackson made it using hundreds of old WWI photographs and testimony from those that were there. A lot of it has been brought to colour and 3D.

Probably the closest you will ever get to knowing what it was like to fight in the great war. He doesn't hold back with some of the more gruesome images either. Very humbling bit of TV.

Watched that thing on C4 about climbing Everest. Must be quite rewarding but it doesn’t look like any fun

BT Sport Documentary called "Brothers in Football"

Its about Corinthian-Casuals FC and their history going back to when they were Corinthians. Obviously topical at this time of year with Corinthians being the best team in the world in 1914 and pretty much were decemated by Somme, Ypres and Paschendale

Their history is a good one. Inclusive of SC Corinthians of Sao Paulo and the fact they are totally amateur

They are nae far from Heathrow. Im going to make it my mission to head down this season

Good viewing if you get a chance

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    I would recommend 'They Shall Not Grow Old' on the iplayer/tv box. It was on BBC2 the other night. Peter Jackson made it using hundreds of old WWI photographs and testimony from those that were there. A lot of it has been brought to colour and 3D.

Probably the closest you will ever get to knowing what it was like to fight in the great war. He doesn't hold back with some of the more gruesome images either. Very humbling bit of TV.
    The images were impressive but you could have made that a radio show and I would have been impressed. The interviews were pretty special. The programme was pitched perfectly.

The last comment made on it was unbelievable.

I watched a documentary about the 1960s documentary, The Great War a few years back. They were interviewing survivors and the film makers found it difficult due to the mental state of some of them.

Louis Theroux was a tough watch tonight. Assisted dying for those with terminal or debilitating illnesses. The last part where the family invited the crew in to document the guys last hours with his family was heart breaking.

Yeah, that was a struggle. I fully believe folk can check out when they like for whatever reason they like but I’m not convinced the woman that did made the right choice. Possibly influenced by those two odd balls

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Yeah, that was a struggle. I fully believe folk can check out when they like for whatever reason they like but I’m not convinced the woman that did made the right choice. Possibly influenced by those two odd balls
    Yeah I would have liked to see Louis try and challenge her reasons a little bit more than he did. (obviously easier said than done) He did try with suggesting it could be the grief of losing her partner rather than the physical symptoms that was fuelling her decision to end her life. Some American states years ahead of the UK in yet more aspects of life...and death, the politicians in this country don't even want to speak about it.

A bit of a tangent, but see that fanny pad advert with the tennis lassie, Heather Watson is it?

Is it just me or is that as creepy as f u ck?

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    A bit of a tangent, but see that fanny pad advert with the tennis lassie, Heather Watson is it?

Is it just me or is that as creepy as f u ck?
    No but i want to

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    No but i want to
    Nah, nae creepy in a good way.

Page 52 of 92 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast