+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 42 of 92 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T TV Thread Version II

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    Got 'Killing Eve' recommended yesterday so stuck episode 1 on and nearly finished the whole season before I went to bed. Shown on BBC America, it is classed as a thriller but it's got a lot of humour throughout. If psychopathic Russian assassins is your thing you will like this.

That is the two leads - The MI5/6 agent (on the right) tasked with finding the assassin (on the left).

Jodie Comer plays the killer. Batsh*t crazy, ***y as hell and doesn't seem to mind premature ejaculation. My kinda woman!

Love this show, and a second series has been announced.
    Coming soon to the BBC. Watch it.

The Ken Burns documentary on Vietnam is now on Netflix.

Enjoying the new series of Handmaid's Tale but I can see them sucking the life out of it due to it's popularity. Not sure if can get any darker but that'll be the jumping the shark scenario I'd imagine.

The world cup has been good as well. Three more episodes to go.

Anyone watched Power? Never heard of it before but got it recommended earlier today. Seems it up to season 5 already. 50 cent in it though which kinda puts me off.

I watched Killing Eve again over the weekend, cracking easy watch tv. Been watching Yellowstone as well with Kevin Costner and that bird who was the alcoholic in 'Flight'. Been enjoying it but I must admit I have no idea what is going on.

The prosecutors fly on the wall documentary on BBC1 at the moment is really good. Gives a great insight in to what goes on behind the scenes to build up a case against some of the more trickier crimes.

When I was bulk downloading for this trip I noticed a dude had every single Only Fools and Horses so I took it and have watched the first three series so far. Some of the jokes in the first two series would never be allowed near the TV these days. Difeerent days the early eighties

F@cking great programme though

Anyone watched Power? Never heard of it before but got it recommended earlier today. Seems it up to season 5 already. 50 cent in it though which kinda puts me off.

I watched Killing Eve again over the weekend, cracking easy watch tv. Been watching Yellowstone as well with Kevin Costner and that bird who was the alcoholic in 'Flight'. Been enjoying it but I must admit I have no idea what is going on.

The prosecutors fly on the wall documentary on BBC1 at the moment is really good. Gives a great insight in to what goes on behind the scenes to build up a case against some of the more trickier crimes.
    A work mate recommended Power - not amazing but good - lot's of rumpy pumpy and violence so fit's the bill

Killing Eve was good but maybe overpraised a bit.

Better Call Saul Season 4 - just started so excellent
    Preacher Season 3 - Enjoying this as well
    Shades of Blue - Ok bit overblown cops soap operaish to me - but Drea de Matteo/Jennifer Lopez for the wrist action and Ray Liotta for the acting

What happened to Kevin Bridges? He used to be funny but now I've just watched him be comedicaly(?) out performed by a part time poker player.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Verninator View Post

Better Call Saul Season 4 - just started so excellent
    First night home from this place that is my plan for the evening.

Eat good food and watch Better Call Saul. Canna wait

What happened to Kevin Bridges? He used to be funny but now I've just watched him be comedicaly(?) out performed by a part time poker player.
    He made a lot of money and became a luvvie.........seen him last year and was pretty disappointed after looking forward to the show. had some hecklers and seemed to be really put off his stott. Hope he can go back to his roots for this latest tour because he can be the best comic once again.

Quote Originally Posted by thebeachend View Post
    He made a lot of money and became a luvvie.........seen him last year and was pretty disappointed after looking forward to the show. had some hecklers and seemed to be really put off his stott. Hope he can go back to his roots for this latest tour because he can be the best comic once again.
    I think he has made a mistake in trying too many comedy panel shows. He seems to try too hard to compensate for his thick weedgie accent when he is in the company of Jimmy Carr, Sean Lock and that and comes across like a bit of a stuttering mess. Can't really blame him for chasing the money in doing them though as that's what most of them have done - Jon Richardson, the guy with the teeth etc

Quote Originally Posted by The_Verninator View Post
    Another show just starting is Mr. Mercedes with the great Brendan Gleeson - good start let's hope they can keep it going.
    Late to the party on this one. 3 episodes in. Gleeson has been brilliant so far though. Is it worth sticking with it? What about series 2?

Page 42 of 92 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast