+ Visit Swindon Town FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: bring on the Sweden !!

bring on the Sweden !!

We're coming to the County Ground next, its SWINDON away for us this weekend
    So Gaz n Laz and any other home fans on here, your lot have had a really unusual season havent you. After getting to the play off final last season what has gone wrong, and its also been a case of one managerial change after another (and what is Mark Cooper doing now by the way ?).

And as for Michael Smith, would he relish the chance of coming on as a sub for your lot against us and proving Lee Johnson wrong ? Hopefully not. We havent won at your ground for some years now so hopefully this Satdy will be a nice time to see out January and the transfer window, with another 3 points in the bag for the good old Tykes. Fingers crossed eh!!

[i] * ps - Im trying to do this thread on both our teams boards, as it would be good to see both sets of fans chat about this weekends game. - view external link

re: bring on the Sweden !!

http://boards.footymad.net/swindontown-mad/2109583634/#GGtH7q2LmT5UHabP.97 - view external link

Someone will win this Tinker Tyke
    No bore draw
    Smith is good and can bag a goal or two and should come on as super sub when you are 2-0 up and score a hat trick

Yo Gaz, I thought a draw would be good for us tonight at Bradford (before we scored after just 2 minutes), but those remaining 90 odd minutes were hard to go through.

I wonder if this weekends game will go the same way like that. I will take a 0-0 draw now if it were offered to me/us.

I can see Smithy coming on and scoring a last minute winner LOL. Not too confident about Saturday because of our awful defence, but maybe last night will have taken something out of your players? I will go for a 3-2 home win with Smithy scoring in the 93rd minute

Good result last night v Bradfud

I think this could be a real scrap and Id be happy with a draw.
    Although neither of us are good at keeping clean sheets. Can you defend like you did against Crewe Laz, that will make it more interesting for the neutrals.
    That win at Bradford was a tough one but they sounded like a very direct team who were short on ideas. It wasn't as enjoyable as seeing us hammer cowboy Keef & co for 6

I can feel a Robins win coming on.. Robins 3 Burnsley 1..

Hello chaps on the eve of the big day. Just a bit of reassurance on the away end.

Away fans upto 900 are housed in the Arkell's Stand (North Stand), towards the "open" Stratton Bank End.

There is a small refreshment kiosk selling hot n cold drinks and food (over priced)
    There are supporting pillars but it doesn't spoil the views too much. I am told the further back you are the worse it is

My guess the gate will be around 8k including you guys

If you want pre match drinks there is the Cricket Club Pavilion which is adjacent to the North Stand. The guy opens it for home and away fans, prices are average and the surrounding are pleasant, no hot food tho, sometimes sandwiches pic below of some Swindon and Walsall fans having a pre match bevvy, I took the photo.There is a link at the bottom giving a bit of extra history and info

There is a boozer up the road from the Magic Roundabout (twinned with Disneyland, google if you want

A cricket pavillion suggests wine and poncey volavaunts Gaz. I dont mind though, as long as it gets us pi*ssed quickly and cheaply

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast