+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T 2016 Gigs/Concerts

re: O/T 2016 Gigs/Concerts

The Boss at Hampden on Wed. Looking fwd to it. Quite liking the move away from The River tracks back-to-back on the European leg. (Not seen set list from Dublin yet mind you)

I saw Brian Wilson last year. His band were fantastic but he wisnae. It was a bit like a family wedding and your drunk uncle gets on the stage, grabs the mic and belts out a few tunes.

Quote Originally Posted by wester_ross_don
    The Boss at Hampden on Wed. Looking fwd to it. Quite liking the move away from The River tracks back-to-back on the European leg. (Not seen set list from Dublin yet mind you)
    Ticket riddiculousy expensive?

Worth every penny.

Totally agree, 3-4hrs of non stop rock n roll!

Quote Originally Posted by wester_ross_don
    Interesting set list from Dublin, a few wildcards in there, he played the Holy Trinity (Jungleland, Thunder Road, Born to Run) back to back.
    If that's ever happened before it was an age ago.

Back in your Arms and Lost in the Flood made their tour debuts.

I have to say, I was well up for the full album River show, not sure how it would've gone over in the stadium environment, but in all the times I've seen him, I've never seen tracks like Point Blank, Wreck on the Highway, Drive all Night played live.

It caused a stooshie when he announced he wasn't doing the full River shows in Europe, I'm not doing multiple dates this time, partly a financial decision but partly because I thought it was a River album show.

Well up for Hampden like, weather

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903
    Ticket riddiculousy expensive?[/quote]

Oh aye, mark up of summat like £20-£30 on the same gig 3 years ago.
    But, having said that, still a heap cheaper than pretty much every other stadium show on the go.

And in terms of value for money...................no other stadium show comes close.

Tickets were "only" about £75. But by the time they'd finished with add-ons, came to about £86 each. The handling charge is bad enough, and I don't mind paying postage, even when it is exorbitant, but I left it last-minute to buy my tickets so have to pick my tickets up from the venue. For which they are charging me £3.50 for the privilege. At least **** Whittington wore a mask....

^^^^^^^^

Turpin min

**** Whitington!!!!!!

You're thinking of the Highwayman, Pac's got it.

Betty Turpin.

Page 12 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast