+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 37 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T 2016 Gigs/Concerts

re: O/T 2016 Gigs/Concerts

Good man. Tunnels is a decent venue. Especially when its packed like Saturday.

I forgot to say Cheap Trick winna go a miss either, look out for them touring

The Cult- Music Hall 3/3/15

My only previous viewing the Cult was 15 years ago at the Glasgow Green Festival and they blew every other band away that weekend so was really looking forward to tonight. Im also a long time fan of Billy Duffys guitar style, Astburys also a very under rated singer.

Support band Walking Hands, not bad musically but the frontman was a bit gash

The Cult as expected were decent, All the big classics including "Lil Devil", "Fire Woman", "She Sells Sanctuary" "Love Removal Machine" "Wild Flower" and more. A few new eens too (album already purchased on return to Pac Towers). Decent gig, im guessing it was a sell out. Glad i was there. Back on to Astbury he doesnt half talk pish between songs but he makes up for it with his singing capabillities. Definatley one of the best singers in rock atbthe moment.I also never realised who was on the drum stool these days. Heavy Metal journeyman tub thumper John Tempesta (ex Exodus, Testament, White Zombie, Helmet)

They've never really had a drummer but drummers Steve b (big country )made love album his own

Nae sure how many times I've seen the Cult now, last night wasn't the best, but it was a rare old night.

That was the best humour I've seen Astbury in, he's aff his heid at times, but right enough he's got some voice.

Loved the new stuff, the latest album is up there with the best they've done, but the old tunes won it for me. Phoenix, Spiritwalker and Nirvana were fantastic.

Glad the Aberdeen gig was sold out, band seemed genuinely appreciative of that. Hopefully it winna be 29 years till they come back the next time.

As for Tempesta, he's been around the Cult now for 10 years, considering the Cult have a 'Spinal Tap' attitude to drummers, he's done well to last this long.

Quote Originally Posted by CalumGilhooly
    As for Tempesta, he's been around the Cult now for 10 years, considering the Cult have a 'Spinal Tap' attitude to drummers, he's done well to last this long.
    Did any of the old drummers self combust?

Well, one is dead, nae idea if he blew up on stage though.

Edit: In fact, two of their ex drummers are broon breed.

Well, one is dead, nae idea if he blew up on stage though.

Edit: In fact, two of their ex drummers are broon breed.
    It was Matt Sorum when i saw them in Glasgow, hes definatley alive and kicking

I noticed a decent gig at the Lemon Tree in April that i will take on if at home. Used to listen to them alot when i was younger. The Bellrays.

Nae sure how many times I've seen the Cult now, last night wasn't the best, but it was a rare old night.

That was the best humour I've seen Astbury in, he's aff his heid at times, but right enough he's got some voice.

Loved the new stuff, the latest album is up there with the best they've done, but the old tunes won it for me. Phoenix, Spiritwalker and Nirvana were fantastic.

Glad the Aberdeen gig was sold out, band seemed genuinely appreciative of that. Hopefully it winna be 29 years till they come back the next time.

I was a bit "meh" after last night. When they cranked it up they were at their best, there just wasn't enough of that for me.
    They seemed to have quite a lengthy mid gig lull, even the boys in front of me that were going mental at the start

Was into see the Cult last night, pleasantly surprised. Never a huge fan & t.b.h only knew a few of the songs last night.
    But it was pretty good & has to be said the guitarist was superb.
    astburys vocals were pretty good but he doesnt half waffle between songs. If they return i will defo be there, didnt see the support group as the drinks were flowing in the globe pre gig.

Page 9 of 37 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast