+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27353637

Thread: O/T 2016 Gigs/Concerts

Stranglers , Brew Dog AGM .......Ill give that a miss this year then.......

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    The Stranglers, Beach Ball Room 9/3/17

Never set foot in the place in my life, walked out thinking its the best venue in Aberdeen. The trampoline effect is ace. The old vibe to its ace. Bar service straight away is ace but the sound is fantastic. JJs Bass sounding better than usual.

Ruts DC were decent. Didnt know much about them then watched them and its one of those bands where you knew a good few tunes. If the head back to the Moorings id probablly take it on

The Stranglers are a great band, theres no denying it. Back catalogue of great tunes is huge. I dont need to say much more. Easily battered out 20+ classics(it was a greatest hits tour). Pretty much all there barring Walk On Buy and Something Better Change. Good gig, great band up

Shame i was in my mid 20s before i got into them or i would have seen them more than 3 times. Thats for sure

As for the dude wearing a pink and green floral adidas vest. Smart min (was that you CvB min?)
    Ruts DC were fab . Loathe the stranglers ...seem them 4x and only to see the supports

Got my Metallica tickets but 96 quid a ticket ... that is really taking the piss. I know I am getting old but that was my whole trip down to Donington in 1991 more or less. Bah humbug.

Quote Originally Posted by irnbru1903 View Post
    Got my Metallica tickets but 96 quid a ticket ... that is really taking the piss. I know I am getting old but that was my whole trip down to Donington in 1991 more or less. Bah humbug.
    Im going to Stuttgart in April instead of Glasgow and going to grab some fitba in the area too.

They will headline Donington next summer going by the end of their tour date

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Im going to Stuttgart in April instead of Glasgow and going to grab some fitba in the area too.

They will headline Donington next summer going by the end of their tour date
    Good to kill two birds with one stone. I thought about going to Budapest in April as that is where the other half is from but got tickets for the hydro instead although might still go if there are tickets left. Decent that the dates are reasonably far apart.

I've not been to Donington for years. Does it still rain bottles of piss?

If i find a reasonable deal on Glasgow ill take it but winna lose sleep if i dont get.

Stuttgart works a treat as gigs a Monday. Try get games Fri/Sat/Sun. Wurzburg Kickers here i come.

Also i f@cking love Germany. I would move there if i could

Nae to the extent of Monsters of Rock days but piss still does fly

I refused to pay £96 for Metallica ticket, 6 of my mates are going but i just think its too steep for them. Wild how expensive tickets are these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauldolski10 View Post
    I refused to pay £96 for Metallica ticket, 6 of my mates are going but i just think its too steep for them. Wild how expensive tickets are these days.
    Nae many bands id break the bank for. Them i would. Kind of the reason im making a holiday of it though. Part of the holiday meaning the price blow is softened some what

Aye i mind when a gig at the SECC for 30 quid was considered steep as f@ck

I refused to pay it as well. The Hydro has allowed bands to charge that much.

Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27353637