+ Visit Bolton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Billionaire banker and oil magnate Roger Tamraz bidding to buy Bolton Wande

Billionaire banker and oil magnate Roger Tamraz bidding to buy Bolton Wande

A BILLIONAIRE banker is bidding to buy Bolton Wanderers, it has been claimed.

Roger Tamraz, who is also deputy chairman of Middle East Airlines and own oil company Tamoil, says he wants to see Whites become a "community club" once again.

A spokesman for Mr Tamraz said: "After months of work Mr Tamraz and his team have put together a bid to buy the football club from present owner Eddie Davies.

"Building on the current assets,ly the Macron Stadium, Whites Hotel, Euxton training ground, the Lostock academy, and the Community Trist, Mr Tamraz wans to see Bolton Wanderers once again become a community club at the heart of the Bolton community.

"If the bid is successfuly, fans will be involved as never before, as Mr Tamraz seeks to rebuild the image of the club."

re: Billionaire banker and oil magnate Roger Tamraz bidding to buy Bolton W

Let's hope this happens!

Lebanese "businessman" with an MBA from Harvard, huge balls of steel, enough brass neck to take on governments, wanted by Interpol and at least two countries, unlimited ambition and loads of dosh.

No doubt folk will rake up his chequered past but for me he currently seems like the best of a bunch of bad options. I don't care if he tried to sell the Americans a pipeline he didn't actually own - I love this guy!

Interesting development. Campo where did you find this source? I'd like to read more about it to see how credible/ feasible it is.

Check out Roger Tamraz on Google (not Wikipedia).

Has anyone heard any more on this story or was it something of nothing? I saw a comment on the BEN website intimating Tamraz is going to put in actual bid but there are no solid details and the club are remaining silent about it. Might their silence mean there's some truth to this story?

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)