+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Who left in the 84th minute?

re: Who left in the 84th minute?

Quote Originally Posted by Polish_ForestMad
    If you did please call 0871 4721884 and advise the call taker that you no longer need your customer number.

What the **** kind of support turns on their team with 10 minutes left in a match against one of the biggest teams in the world. The players look to the stand for support after conceding a goal and all they can see are streams of people leaving. Great way to motivate the team to get back into the game. We could have nicked a goal and then anything could have happened, but no.......

So please do one and go and play FIFA on easy level if all you want to do is win easy.
    Most of the fans that did leave won't have a season ticket so pretty pointless saying that.
    Why do you think it's right to tell people what to do when you don't even know them?who gives you the right to say what they should and shouldn't be doing?
    The players shouldn't be looking to the crowd they sho

You could easily just argue that they should park better Anag. I park on London Road which may seem far from the ground but cutting through Deadman's Lane means it takes about ten minutes to walk there and then we face no traffic. It's an absolute nightmare if you park inside the Pride Park area.

You're right RBF, but for some - not me - with age or mobility related issues I can understand the temptation. To put it into perspective, I sometimes go with a friend who has to make a 65 mile/90 minute journey to a home match. He left one recent match five minutes before me and although I only live 18 miles/30 minutes away he was home by 11.00 pm - five minutes before me. Makes a difference to those with family and work responsibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by AnagRam
    A lot of people who park close to the north east corner of the ground know that if they leave with five minutes to spare they can 'escape' before the traffic controllers close the road to allow buses and pedestrians to leave. There are times when those with this power can become over 'officious' and being 'captured' behind the 'road closed' signs can then lead to an eventual delay of over an hour. That makes a difference to folk, especially where night matches are concerned and there's work in the morning. Sad to see people leave early and I choose not to, but when the outcome appears inevitable i.e. the Brum match, then...they've paid their money...their choice and I don't really blame them.
    Well they could have left on the 87th minute then. Not stream out on mass as the players are resetting for the kickoff. Great motivation for the team to try and get back in it. What if the brum fans had left when they were losing 3-1 on ninety

Quote Originally Posted by Sma11ytheRam
    A lot of people who park close to the north east corner of the ground know that if they leave with five minutes to spare they can 'escape' before the traffic controllers close the road to allow buses and pedestrians to leave. There are times when those with this power can become over 'officious' and being 'captured' behind the 'road closed' signs can then lead to an eventual delay of over an hour. That makes a difference to folk, especially where night matches are concerned and there's work in the morning. Sad to see people leave early and I choose not to, but when the outcome appears inevitable i.e. the Brum match, then...they've paid their money...their choice and I don't really blame them.
    Well they could have left on the 87th minute then. Not stream out on mass as the players are resetting for the kickoff. Great motivation for the team to try and get back in it. What if the brum fan

Quote Originally Posted by Akwesasne
    Two way street...players have got to perform in a way that motivates the fans. Last night appeared to be a foregone once their second goal went in, plastics, current disenchantment and the hopeless traffic arrangements outside the IPro is what leads to fans leaving early.
    Would you care to elaborate on those "hopeless traffic arrangements" and how in Derby they could be better. Surely nowhere has given over to the motor car more then Derby with all those inner-motorways yet you have all this congestion. My daughter was snarled up in Derby the other day and getting nowhere. She then gave up and asked her husband to take over.[/quote]

So did the traffic miraculously clear when her husband took over or does this say more about your daughters patience/driving ability?

Quote Originally Posted by tamworthram
    Two way street...players have got to perform in a way that motivates the fans. Last night appeared to be a foregone once their second goal went in, plastics, current disenchantment and the hopeless traffic arrangements outside the IPro is what leads to fans leaving early.
    Would you care to elaborate on those "hopeless traffic arrangements" and how in Derby they could be better. Surely nowhere has given over to the motor car more then Derby with all those inner-motorways yet you have all this congestion. My daughter was snarled up in Derby the other day and getting nowhere. She then gave up and asked her husband to take over.[/quote]

So did the traffic miraculously clear when her husband took over or does this say more about your daughters patience/driving ability?[/quote]

Patience yes. I thought that when Derby undertook what Nottingham pl

Quote Originally Posted by AnagRam
    Well they could have left on the 87th minute then. Not stream out on mass as the players are resetting for the kickoff. Great motivation for the team to tr

Quote Originally Posted by RamBamFan
    You could easily just argue that they should park better Anag. I park on London Road which may seem far from the ground but cutting through Deadman's Lane means it takes about ten minutes to walk there and then we face no traffic. It's an absolute nightmare if you park inside the Pride Park area.
    "Deadmans Lane". Is that for real? If it is then how did it acquire it ?

Quote Originally Posted by Sma11ytheRam
    Well they could have left on the 87th minute then. Not stream out on mass as the players are resetting for th

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)