+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Season Ticket

re: New Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by ellafella
    VdLH and Angry have summed it all up for me above. Not sure quite what's happened this season but, despite all our spending, we seem to have slipped even further behind the 'giants' that VdLH speaks of and all too often, what I've seen from Derby or on Sky has, as Angry says, simply left me bored.
    Ramondo spoke earlier about his increasing disenchantment and I can't help feeling the same. Don't think it's just disappointment, maybe a mixture of dull unambitious football and the absurd amount of money and greed in the game. Why do we accept average Championship footballers earning more in a week than a teacher or a nurse can in a year?
    Due to be out of the country for a while next month. Still really want us to do well but, for once, I doubt I'll miss the IPro.
    Spot on.
    I expect us to be in the Championship too. I will renew but like others I am bored with the football this season. We mis

Quote Originally Posted by minesahartington
    Nothing beats taking your lad to football so another season dawns..rain or shine.
    However i have to say that for me its boredom because of the way we play and frustration because i believe we have the players to achieve much more. The problem lies with the manager. Sadly i think we may scrape the playoffs in spite of him rather than gain success because of him. He doesn`t appear to be learning in my view.
    I'm sure you're right when you say the problem lies with the manager. Many have been saying that he hasn't had enough time yet but I'm afraid I disagree. He may have not have had enough time to get to where the club is aiming to be but he has had enough time to weigh up the respective talents of all the players at his disposal, which are quite considerable, and use them to the best of their abilities. This is clearly not happening and we are now consistently seeing performances lacking fight or passion which is a good si

if the red dogs beat us and go above us just b4 deadline day mr candy crush man can stick his st where the sun doesna shine

i was going to renew before the mk dons match sat week if the next 4 home games are has bad as the last 4 NO CHANCE

I've just noticed there are one or two DIY projects that might need looking at starting next August.

Nail on the head, French Trimmed. If we looked like a promising 'work in progress', as we did between September and December, and were hovering around the top six then I think everyone would be happy to go down the 'new squad, rookie manager' route and be sympathetic towards PC and the situation as a whole. As things are, completely agree, he may not have had time to deliver the finished product but we have spent the last three months - one third of the season - going backwards. Players appear to have had their confidence shattered. The manager seems no nearer knowing what his preferred formation is, he isn't making the most of the squad's undoubted talent, he shows little awareness as regards transfers, all the signs are that his man management is seriously lacking and above all, the football is dreadful. I for one didn't see it coming. Thought all the signs were good till early December but I'm sad to say now, I'll be genuinely surprised if he's still around next August.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)