+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Motherwell concede late to lose to Partick

Motherwell concede late to lose to Partick

It's a cruel game. A defection in the last minute is a hard way to lose. Will our luck turn in the Cup? - view external link

re: Motherwell concede late to lose to Partick

I don't think it's luck. We have got a defence worthy of the and we aren't capable of seeing out a match resulting in several points dropped. Inverness will comfortably take care of us on Saturday, because they are better than us.

Who cares about the cup when we are in serious relegation trouble?

I care about the cup! When you see the likes of Inverness, St.Mirren, Dundee Utd and St.Johnstone all lifting silverware whilst we make no mark whatsoever in the same competitions. The domestic cups are the only chance for clubs like us to win silverware so we can't just write it off just because we are in a relegation battle.

Quote Originally Posted by LawSteelman
    I don't think it's luck. We have got a defence worthy of the and we aren't capable of seeing out a match resulting in several points dropped. Inverness will comfortably take care of us on Saturday, because they are better than us.
    Its not luck when you are holding on against utter dross like Thistle not having troubled them all night any stupid mistake loses the game thats not unlucky its incompetent.

True steel man if we win cup I would be overjoyed. I don't write off cup. Just saying that i would rather be more safe in league than progress. Ur right. Mediocre teams have won silverware in past few years. Getting to final and finishing 3rd bottom would be fine by me.

Sorry LawSteelmen but to win silverware in football you have to play as a team something our lot can't or won't do.All the teams you mentioned in your post,fight, play,compete and cover for each other in every situation that is thrown at them,something that our lot just seem incapable of wanting to do,and therefore we are where we are in the league today and have had the disasterious cup runs we have

This team got no chance if winning silverware. That's why league points more *****.

We are best in Lanarkshire. Only show in Lanarkshire. Proud history. I predict accies wil face play off.

I can't disagree with any of that and is why I don't see us doing anything other than losing against ICT, they are a better team than us, simple as that. We were murder against Cove in the last round and it was obvious that day that as soon as we came up against a half decent side they would dispatch us. However, none of that changes the fact that the cup is important to us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)