+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: McGhee's parallels

McGhee's parallels

'Ex-Aberdeen striker and current Motherwell manager Mark McGhee believes there are striking parallels in the race for the title either side of the border, and insists the Dons and Leicester City can prevail.'
    This was quoted in a national daily today........
    The sad thing is that he can't see that the REAL parallel to be compared is that Leicester were the Premier league equivalent of us last season, and look where they are now!
    He should be less concerned about Aberdeen and more concerned about his inability to lift us up the league.

re: McGhee's parallels

Press ask questions he answers them I'm sure he does not care 1 jot if Aberdeen or Leicester win titles or not I'm sure his sole focus will be on us blame the press for constantly asking him about other teams as in sure he dosnt go into a press conference and say ask me about Leicester and Aberdeen give the man a break

True Wellowell but he could answer these questions by saying that he is only focused on his team MOTHERWELL and where they are in the league.I am sure our fans would be happier if they heard this from our manager instead of answering questions regarding his previous clubs he played for or managed.

Surprised he didn't also say he was interested in Daniel Sturridge at the club he should have managed. Sure he'd say I can get him fit again and get his career back on track.

Quote Originally Posted by elf
    'Ex-Aberdeen striker and current Motherwell manager Mark McGhee believes there are striking parallels in the race for the title either side of the border, and insists the Dons and Leicester City can prevail.'
    This was quoted in a national daily today........
    The sad thing is that he can't see that the REAL parallel to be compared is that Leicester were the Premier league equivalent of us last season, and look where they are now!
    He should be less concerned about Aberdeen and more concerned about his inability to lift us up the league.
    Pathetic. Grow up.

If you want to have a go at McGhee say it to his face and make it about how OUR team is playing.

The managers response re: Parallels IMO are in all likelyhood a response to reporters question. Frankly I don't care about parellels, what matters to me is our league position and in saying that avoiding relegation. Players need to show due diligence in effect consistent and effort throughout the 90 minutes.

He gets on my tits at times with his crap patter, and can get under your skin when he tells porkies about a performance. I genuinely don't think he's doing anything wrong answering these questions. He's well aware of our position. Our whole club needs a good fkn shake down, 3 managers we've had in 2 seasons with X amount of players and we're still in the brown stuff.
    Ive roasted him and team for weeks now. Im going to give them a break, no one is doing things wrong on purpose, we're just not the best. Add to that low confidence and a wee bit of bad luck. I'm gona try and accept that, chill out and support them for the rest of the season instead of being a big greeting faced ****.....ill try anyway

Quote Originally Posted by wellowell
    Press ask questions he answers them I'm sure he does not care 1 jot if Aberdeen or Leicester win titles or not I'm sure his sole focus will be on us blame the press for constantly asking him about other teams as in sure he dosnt go into a press conference and say ask me about Leicester and Aberdeen give the man a break
    The press ask him questions about other clubs and issues elsewhere because they know he'll be only too happy to give them a quote or ten. He doesnt have to answer any questions but he loves throwing his tuppence worth in wherever possible. He loves the sound of his own voice and it's quote clear to me that Mark McGhee's main focus is Mark McGhee.

Does your comment remind you of anyone with the written word, "only too happy to give a quote or ten", "he doesn't have to answer questions but loves throwing his tuppence worth in" , "loves the sound of his own voice" and finally "Mark McGee's main focus is Mark McGee" If you ask me there is another parallel in there somewhere, I just can't quite put my finger on it!

The same thing happens at other provincial clubs. The media cannot see past Celtic & Sevco.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)