+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: QUEENS AGM

re: QUEENS AGM

Quote Originally Posted by JTulip
    Can think of quite a lots of things that could be done to help improve the crowds which in turn would improve the overall atmosphere regardless of how the team plays on the pitch.
    Such as - we await your reply with interest !

Answers on a postcard to Mr Billy Hewitson

To suggest there's NOTHING the club can do to help create an atmosphere is complete and utter nonsense .

A succuessful businessman he may be but he totally lacks any man management skills .
    Perhaps he should let Patterson or Blount do his talking for him and I'd be pretty confident that those two could come up with some ideas .
    Here's one for starters , encourage and make the younger well behaved supporters welcome at home games . Make them feel wanted , it's hardly rocket science

They were asked to behave then the next home game they let off a cracker the loudness of a bomb !!!!

It was only a matter of time before someone got injured or the club ended up with a fine. Nothing wrong with creating a atmosphere but they were causing hassle every week.

Quote Originally Posted by QOS55
    Agree with jardi on this one. There is nothing much the Board can do about the atmosphere or the policing.

If some kids want to come along then misbehave to the degree the police have to become involved, there is not much they can do.

Spoke to the mother of one of the young team and asked if her son was still going. She said that he was, but not as much because his mate had got a job on Saturdays.
    Could some of them stopped going because of similar circumstances. Guessing that they would all be about that age.

As for the atmosphere, as supablue says, that's down to the performances,

As for suitable singalong music over the tannoy, dear me. It's not a kids birthday party.

think that would stop me going.

At the moment, until performances on the pitch start to improve, we are just going to have to suck it up or stop going if you prefer.
    Liverpool and Celtic supporters don't consider it a kid's birthday when - you will n

Don't think it would work quite the same with 1600 fans

You did ask so hear goes. It's a bit late so hopefully it reads ok. To tired to check.

I am sure folk will have a pop at some or all of these but hey I'm just putting some ideas and suggestions out there seeing as I was asked. It is not that long ago that crowds were bigger so I believe that the fans are out there. It's getting the ones who already go to go more often than they do at present and also constantly attracting new ones.

The start of the season is the time when you really to need to get folk hooked up for the whole year. So that no matter what happens the fans have already paid up and more likely to come along. This needs to be promoted and promoted very hard.

1. Make the adult season ticket much better value. It really doesn't make sense to buy one at present. All you need is to miss is two games and you are no better off. Now what can happen during a season you could miss a game if ill, holiday, work, wedding, birthday, bad weather, transport problems, having to l

18 just to add - ideally I would like to see adult pricing of £10 terrace and sitting at £15. I know I've heard the club say we tried lowering the price before and it doesn't work. Well I don't think it would work for just one off games. It needs a bit of time to get the message out there so it would be really great to try if for a season. If you take the crowd and take out the junior blues and kids and the seniors and the shirt draw season tickets holders then you are maybe left with say 500 adults. Reducing some by £1 and some by £6 say average £3.50 would cost about £1750 a game. So you would need to attract an extra (at say average of £12.50) adult crowd of 140. I think it could work. I know a lot of folk that would possibly start to go or go more regular if they could get in for £10. Would be fantastic publicity and could result in more sponsorship, merchandise, drink,programmes 50/50 tickets and catering. And having extra folk could make the atmosphere better which in turn may h

17. The segregation between the terrace and the new stand is it really necessary to be there between the home fans? If so fine but if not please move it as it really does seem to interfere with a lot of people's matchday,

It does nothing but spoil many Queens fans match day experience. l, like others , enjoyed watching a half from the terrace & a half from the new stand . That gate is totally unnecessary in a stadium that's usually 7,000 fans short of capacity on match days .
    It doesn't stop any away supporters who may want to mingle or even fight with Queens fans as that's where the gate should be situated .

Can we please have it like it was before Queens

13. I think Queens could make MUCH better use of social media to promote games. Even sometimes sending direct emails to fans re matches coming up and promotions / offers. Need to promote and build a bit of excitement. Talk up the games.

Spot on . As a user of social media sites I have to say that Queens issue the least information , news stories , reminders etc of ALL the clubs I follow .
    This is in no way a dig at any volunteers who give up their free time to help out with the OS , Twitter etc . They can only give out information given to them by the club .
    Quick example , Monday's nights AGM - was there a reminder emailed out to all shareholders or post put on the OS , Facebook , Twitter about it ? I believe not

Quote Originally Posted by QOS_MAD_ADMIN
    yep no one can fault the bod for what thayv done off the field ,we are financially on a good footing ,my question admin ,did anyone bring up the question about the authorities handling of the young fans, during the agm .

I brought up the subject myself suggesting that the atmosphere at Palmy was poor due to the Police and Stewards using heavy handed tactics to stifle any singing. The Chairman was not happy with my comments and said the club would not tolerate the use of pyrotechnics. The club's safety officer denied that the Police and Stewards were intimidating supporters. One fan suggested that suitable singalong music could be played over the tannoy. The Chairman indicated that little could be done to improve the atmosphere. There was no comment from the board on the falling attendances at Palmy.[/quote]

The club safety officer is a liar then as I and many others

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)