+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Stewart deluded

re: Is Stewart deluded

Quote Originally Posted by kempo
    Out of interest what did he invent?

How do you know that he turned down massive orders?
    He did not invent anything ! He was a self employed electrian who came across PIR technology and marketed it very successfully in this country while others dithered.

Don't think there's owt wrong with ambition but I would argue that he should be talking about the prem when we are an established chsmp club. His ambition now to rally the troops is to say that we are good enough to stay in the championship if we all pull together. Incremental to use a quote incremental Tony.

Far from deluded.
    Where would we rather be...in the Championship or in Administration.
    Yes he has made mistakes along the way haven't we all.
    Nothing wrong with ambition in life.

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERSTALE
    Out of interest what did he invent?

How do you know that he turned down massive orders?
    He did not invent anything ! He was a self employed electrian who came across PIR technology and marketed it very successfully in this country while others dithered.
    [/quote]

There was bread and there was bacon.
    By my reckoning, the man who brought the two together can be credited with inventing the bacon sarni.

I think the posts a bit of an insult to the man who has done for the club what TS has.
    I don't like to bang on with the same line, but we have a new stadium, play in the Championship and have had some great days in the last 3 and bit years. People have such short memories. If the man has got carried away, let him, cos without him we'd either be in League 2 or out of business.

Quote Originally Posted by walter10
    In thinking we are a Premiership club in waiting if only we had the right manager. Im just going by the latest 2 sackings and his comments regarding promotion to the PL.

Is he right in thinking that? Or are we way off what it takes (in terms of playing staff, coaching, training facilities, sports science)?
    A few manners would not go a miss walt,it's Mr Stewart ot Tony please.Bit of respect pal.

Deluded?

Yes definitely.

I would have told our fans to stuff it long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin
    Bournemouth have proved it can be done, on similar gates to ours...one big difference though...better players and a good manager..but why do we talk about silly things..weve got a miracle to sort out first...
    You missed a key point out.....

They are owned by a billionaire.... When you pay 4 million for a c/f then it shows your intention to buy your way out of the championship....still a good feat to achieve promo to the Prem though....[/quote]

In the words of Meatloaf Brin, you took the words right out of my mouth.

Similar support....check
    Similar ground size...check
    Billionaire Chairman willing to spend Millions on player to buy their way out of the division....er?!? Can we get back to you on that one!

The question is though, how did they end up with a billionaire chairman?
    Bournemouth were hardly an attractive proposition when he took over so what prompted him to get involved?

Attractive part of the country
    Pretty girls
    Lots of elderly people
    Seaside town
    Might have a nudist beach too
    Half way to France
    Some of the most expensive real estate in the UK

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast