+ Visit Birmingham City FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: what a team

what a team

can not remember a few players old memory needs a jog

have to press the url button picture should come up

ok from the back row left to right 4 and 5

middle is 2 Calderwood and who is 6

front 2 and 3

thanks - view external link

re: what a team

Back Row I pick

Hatton D Latchford Goodwin Cooper Harland

Middle Row
    Hynd Calderwood Pendrey Page Campbell Smith (or Bowker) Burns

Front Row
    Taylor Want Martin Roberts R Latchford Francis Hope

We clearly had not yet bought Gary Sprake (next signing?)

thanks Krok

I forgot Martin and Harland

nice midfield with Campbell and Hope, and Taylor wide

little Cooper if he had been 3" taller he would have been one of the best ever ,great shot stopper , but did get lobbed

Fair Go Bolt Martin & Harland both captained Birmingham City! i would have thought Ray Martin, with his bloodthirsty style, would have been one of the harder players to forget too!

Surely Malcolm Page (YAY! - my favourite) would have been in the midfield, with Roberts & Hynd at the back? The problem was the team was that it went forward nicely (and who wouldn't attack with Francis Latchford & Hatton in the side) but it didn't go back as successfully...

Looking at this side the two Latchfords Francis Page Burns Martin Pendrey Calderwood Cooper Bowker were all "our" players form the youth team, as was Joe Gallagher who is not pictured. From the next batch we got Dillon Dennis vd Hauwe Coton Kuhl Broadhurst ****s & Handysides. We haven't had a lot since - apart from Redmond & Gray who would stand out anywhere I can only really think of Carter and Sadler being decent first team players. One wonders what has happened to our scouting since Don Dorman? Mr Wheldon you have a lot t

I am not sure how Julian ****s got the asterisk treatment - I didn't do that!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)