+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chalk and Cheese

re: Chalk and Cheese

Quote Originally Posted by "jordan12rhodes" after his 1st half header, (which was on target), he go no stick from where I was. He put in a great shift and I thought he should have been subbed at about 75 mins as he looked uttery knackered. But even after that he created another chance with a decent tackle when he was on the deck. He's no world beater, but no one can accuse him of not putting in a proper shift.

Anyway, after 10 minutes the lads looked great for the next 80, just that little bit of extra effort from each player showed what could be achived. Fulham hardly looked terible, which made the win so much sweeter, Bring on the Hammers XD[/quote

I was waiting for cairney to show us what were missing.. Still waiting..

The top teams are generally consistent though. They wouldn't be up there otherwise.

Well done rovers a fantastic result after Saturday's shambles
    blooming typical I don't go and they put in a resounding performance and result
    I am missing the hammers game too so fingers crossed for more of the same.

That's 3 of the 6 pts I (as indeed PL) was aspiring to capture.
    It was not 'desperate optimism' that prompted my predict, as I still believe we are in better hands under PL. The man was a winner as a player and has proven to be as a manager.
    I am with Gally in his view that post the Sat match the squad would have been left in no uncertain mind about where they stand, and his changing of personnel will be a kick up the backside with an instruction they are fighting for their positions, no matter what their.
    There was also a bit of a veiled comment towards not bleating about hard luck / but you played (really) well despite.
    As for CB that is one of my JR12's type 'annoyances'. In times gone by every player in B&W got the support of the crowd, provided the put a shift in. To my mind this started to change after we hit the heights when players started to be targeted as being not fit to wear the shirt, when they were clearly less talented than wished for, but would run through wall

Well, Despair, you're a braver man than me! I have to say that I was seriously nervous after the Hull game. And, unlike you, I didn't think we were heading down under GB; we were just treading water.
    This Fulham match was just about in the dreaded "must win" category, and that can make players nervous and error-prone. It sounds as if the first 15 minutes WERE edgy, but the rest of the game should really have restored confidence.
    I'm going to be controversial here, and not give PL a huge bouquet. I think he got it seriously wrong for several weeks when he tried to play a long-ball game we were blatantly unsuited to. You could argue he was a bit slow to learn! And I don't think the argument holds water that he was powerless until he got his own players. To me, he clearly did NOT make the BEST use of the ones he had! As for him being a "winner" as a manager, there are parts of Birmingham where you'd be laughed out of court for that statement.
    I have considerable respect for him myself,

Quote Originally Posted by jordan12rhodes
    The top teams are generally consistent though. They wouldn't be up there otherwise.
    But even that can change. At one point, everyone was saying that the best team in the League was Derby. Now they are on a run where they have picked up only four points in eight games!

That's perfectly fine Aucks and I would not disagree with your view in any way.
    I just say it how I see it, as it comes across to me. That makes me no expert, or right in any way.
    Just before GB was dropped I had said that for the first time I was getting concerned for our safety, whereas before we were (in my mind) drifting, but bearably safe. That though was not good enough in our perilous financial situation.
    Given our declined stature as a club (under Venkys and their 'record'), I thought it a decent coup to attract PL, despite what some others thought of his tarnished reputation. With AV, I myself never took that as a perfectly viable benchmark.
    For me he was always going to tinker and gamble for some time whilst seeing what his inherited charges were capable of, and with it his newer recruits. With that there were always going to be ups and downs in performance and results. But I think that given his experience and stature he can ride over it. I also do not see him as a nail

I went on Sat vrs Hull.
    I tried my best to refrain from posting for a few reasons.
    Without stepping back I had felt it was the single worst match I have ever seen in my lifetime. Berift of ideas, passion, and it was a very quiet and depressing Ewood. But the fact those 3 players taken out last minute, for me played a huge part in the performance and the result. I felt Hull where very poor. Thats what annoyed me the most. The lack of effort, tactical nous was already too much to bare. Seeing them celebrate like they'd won the league really pissed me off. I told a few of their lads afterwards they wont get an easier 3 points all season. And at some point we would give someone a real hiding. As it had been coming.

I just didnt expect it last night!! I do fancy a result vrs West Ham now. We have notjing to lose in this match. Its a bonus game.

I cant handle seeing these players being written off - like Brown.
    Theres a good few posters on this site alone who laugh at him on a reg

and to be fair on Cairney, he did show us what we missed in the away game vrs Fulham, when he scored, made a goal in a pretty easy defeat. As pointed out though, consistency is not his strong point. Last night (by all accounts) he had a quiet night. He didnt away, he was the difference between the 2 sides.

Quote Originally Posted by champs95
    and to be fair on Cairney, he did show us what we missed in the away game vrs Fulham, when he scored, made a goal in a pretty easy defeat. As pointed out though, consistency is not his strong point. Last night (by all accounts) he had a quiet night. He didnt away, he was the difference between the 2 sides.
    That's the enigma Champs, stylish players (at our level at least) can blow hot and cold and with that become frustrating and / or a burden. With guys like Brown etc. they know their limitations and therefore work far harder and be more committed to 'the cause'. Whereas with many a style player when things aren't going their way they switch off. Especially the younger they are, the more mature player just rides out the form drop and puts a bit more in to compensate.
    That has been my concern with Ben Marshall, when he's 'on', he's really on. When not, he (for me at least) tends to switch off.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)