+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ben marshall

Ben marshall

Premier league quality right back.

Thoughts?

re: Ben marshall

Sorry no too inconsistent.
    Has been missing most of the season but has done what he did in previous seasons and hit a purple patch .

Definetly one of our better players and has played extremely well in the last few games but i question whether playing him at full back is actually his best position.

But credit where credit is due .

the only problem at the moment is our team are looking to find Marshall everytime what ever position he is in and obviously with him playing at full back can put him in certain situations which some weeks may put us in trouble

No and I`m surprised that you as someone who bleats on about defenders defending first and foremost are saying this . A good player and doing a decent job , but his real position is further upfield . But having played full back for a good while could improve his as a player in the long run , hopefully he learns the importance of defending and when he does eventually get pushed further forward again , he will track back better than he has done previously .
    hE IS STILL ALso too greedy and hangs onto the ball too long and generally always wants one touch too many .

While he is playing well keep him there
    here is a thought for the day
    Lowe at right back Marshall at right mid
    could that work?
    How Did Bennett play last night?

To be fair, I still don't think Henley should be written off. Olsson got a right towelling from the fans for a long time, but he came good.
    Henley has a lot of positive qualities, but he must get this positional thing right, and not allow wingers so much room to run at him.
    And that is where I agree that Marshall should help out his full-back more if he IS put back into midfield. I know from my own experience that there is nothing worse as a full-back than seeing a winger running at you from a distance. The man moving at speed has all the advantages. I think Henley found himself in that position too often and lost confidence.
    The problem with playing Lowe there is that he is a solid defender, but offers little in the way of distribution.

Not sure right-back is his best position,but our best player by a country mile,and very much Premier League quality IMHO. Agreed,too many touches at times,but also able to make things happen by his own football quality alone.........

Nearly the only genuine match-winner we have,now Rhodes has gone. Hope he is tied down to a long contract,something I wouldnt say about most of our players.

Thanks for your thoughts

I think Gomez is our best player by a country mile. As proven in all his performances thus far.
    Marshall is ok. Some good performances, some awful ones.

Quote Originally Posted by champs95
    I think Gomez is our best player by a country mile. As proven in all his performances thus far.
    Marshall is ok. Some good performances, some awful ones.
    He should be coming from a prem club.

and I agree with H.
    He isnt being played in his best position. And on Sat not moving him up field to replace Conway was baffling beyond recognition.
    I'm a big advocate for bringing in youth. I though Lenihan looked average at best. And cant see him coming on leaps and bounds.
    As for the young up and coming wingers. If not one of them are better than Conway, Marshall and Elliott, why are we even bothering to bring them through, for them to go onto play league 2 football (I'm looking at the likes of Mahoney). It pointless and we are wasting money. As the 3 aforementioned wingers are simply not up to it. If our back ups cant replace the ones who have been so woefully out of form for much of the season, it begs the question, we are we paying them? Let them go I say.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)