+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: £500 in hard earned notes.

£500 in hard earned notes.

It's there in my secret hiding place. It's been painstakingly saved since this time last year. Not been touched or delved into when times left me short, just added to whenever I could.

Just can't bring myself to take it on its final journey to Derby to renew my season ticket.

I have no idea what I am buying. Buy anything else you can read the reviews, look at the description and make an informed decision. Granted this time last year I was buying into the possibility of being in the Prem under McLaren, if not then we would be battling high in the Championship with him. Now I have no idea. We have a manager who has been given the job till the end of the season. If he does well does he keep the job?? Is he just an interim and is someone else lined up?? How many of the playing squad have had the noses pushed out with all that's happened?? How many players will a new manager want to bring in, or can bring in under FPP?? We know one has already gone back to fulham.

This really ha

re: £500 in hard earned notes.

Spend that money on beer and womens.

Very good question. If I were you I would put that money towards a nice holiday and a few women of course, as has already been suggested.

Thank you for your suggestions. Unfortunately the women suggestion is a little tough. I already know a woman who has also saved her money. She sits next to me at the iPro, (and most evenings). If she wastes her money too, guess who gets it I the neck when it all goes to rat **** after Christmas next year?

Hey don't dis rat **** I have a monopoly in delivering that

Don't bother wasting it. Do what I did a few years back and free yourself from the shackles.

I go to games when I want and it fits in with me. Now usually a nice social day with my mates and something to look forward to rather than being dictated I have to go.

There is a lot more to do in life. For me it's fuller and more varied now by a million miles. Sometimes the grass is greener!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WhatsGoinOn
    or squander it on the season ticket..

[quote="Sma11ytheRam"]It's there in my secret hiding place. It's been painstakingly saved since this time last year. Not been touched or delved into when times left me short, just added to whenever I could.

Just can't bring myself to take it on its final journey to Derby to renew my season ticket.

I have no idea what I am buying. Buy anything else you can read the reviews, look at the description and make an informed decision. Granted this time last year I was buying into the possibility of being in the Prem under McLaren, if not then we would be battling high in the Championship with him. Now I have no idea. We have a manager who has been given the job till the end of the season. If he does well does he keep the job?? Is he just an interim and is someone else lined up?? How many of the playing squad have had the noses pushed out with all that's happened?? How many players will a new manager want to bring in, or can bring in under FPP?? We know one has

There are well over a million supporters buying season tickets watching worse crap than this. Why? Because they're buying the season tickets to support their team. There are more bad times in football than good, the hope is to see some good times, at that we have! So go get that £500 and buy that season ticket!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Turfmoorspirit
    or squander it on a Burnley season ticket..[/quote]

Thought Burnley tickets were free!

It's a shame they don't do half season tickets for first half of season

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)