+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Stop the rot

re: Stop the rot

It's a huge cliche I know, but there is a very thin line between success and failure...Butterfield's clearance off the line and a 2-2 becomes a 3-1 etc.

Saying Brentford are a poor side, they whupped Wolves 3-0 last night (as post above says) and we have Wolves Satdee...

In my humble view, it all comes down to player attitudes and who wants "it" the most. Martin and Ince came on and looked sharp and changed things because they had been benched...In the Champioship, it is all about desire and keeping that focus. I think that whilst Clement may have "tactics" in bucket fulls (although I also question that), it really is about man-management. Intriguing then that Wassall spoke with Martin last Friday, Martin comes out all "Mea Culpa", then comes on and scores. How much each is connected may be open to debate, but on the surface, it looks like a real coup de grace by Wassall. As Mel Morris has said, Wassall is the best motivator in the Club and Wass is now in the box-seat, and drivi

Quote Originally Posted by OldRamsFan
    Our blip has seen us drop a long way where the other teams who had blips,particularly Brighton and Middslebro have clawed back and gained the advantage over us.Not wishing to be a doom monger but I think unless we have the same turnaround,the play offs might well be pie in the sky.
    On the other hand...if we win tonight we'll be five points away from an automatic place...closer than Man. City are to Leicester in the Prem and I doubt they, or their fans, have abandoned hope.

Suspect tonight will tell us a lot...the performance as much as the result...but six points from the next two and the sort of run we went on between Sept. and Dec. and we won't be far off. Time to pull together and get behind Ella's 'driver'.

Quote Originally Posted by AnagRam
    Our blip has seen us drop a long way where the other teams who had blips,particularly Brighton and Middslebro have clawed back and gained the advantage over us.Not wishing to be a doom monger but I think unless we have the same turnaround,the play offs might well be pie in the sky.
    On ...

Suspect tonight will tell us a lot...the performance as much as the result...but six points from the next two and the sort of run we went on between Sept. and Dec. and we won't be far off. Time to pull together and get behind Ella's 'driver'.[/quote]

3 points tonight and it'll look like Wassall has run into the ****pit, grabbed the joy stick (ohh May-tron) and levelled the plane out of the nose-dive (Ohh...flying metaphors now!). Blackburn will be very sturdy after a drubbing at the hands of the Hammers...so it'll be dour and there'll be very little goalmouth action. Most likely a dour 0-0 or

Oh let's go the whole way Ella...bring in the sea captain as well and hope he can navigate 'Wassall's vessel' into calmer waters and steer us away from the rocks which have threatened to wreck our ambitions over the last couple of months.

"And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by"

It feels More like the raising of the titanic

Mr 'Motivator' seems to have taken, dare I say it, a leaf out of Billy Davies's motivational manual.

This 'siege' mentality.

Nobody likes us but we don't care.

Everybody has written us off but we'll show-'em.

This arm around the players, that they are 'good players' and he believes in them, even if others don't.

And..... it might just work?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)