+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I've been to Reading twice, the first time

re: I've been to Reading twice, the first time

Correct Mike. We were 3-0 down inside ~15 minutes, fought back to 3-2, had a couple of goals disallowed, were laying siege on the City goal at a packed Tivoli end when Peter Barnes broke away to seal the deal in the last few minutes.

City went on to lose to the mighty Shrewsbury in the next round who then beat the even mightier Aldershot in the 5th round before losing in the Q final after a replay to Wolves. That was the year of one of the best finals I remember where Arsenal were 2-0 up over Man Utd who scored 2 in the last 5 minutes to draw equal only to lose to the last minute Alan Sunderland winner.

On their way to winning the cup, in the same round we lost to City Arsenal took 5 attempts to beat our friends from S6 in games that were played in just 17 days (1-1, 1-1, 2-2, 3-3, 2-0). Wouldn't see that today and that's why the FA Cup has lost its mojo.

Despite having a pretty good memory I can remember very few details of games, sometimes it's almost as if Zil is using a di

CAM, how dare you suggest that I keep a scrapbook (did away with all that when I started fingering girls in the woods after school age 9) and talking about girls (which we should do far more often on here) only girls keep diaries. I don't know why it is but certain games stay vividly in my memory whilst most just fly away never to be recalled.

I thought it was a damned good attempt to recall the of that ginger who replaced the injured Joe Corrigan in goal. I've just looked him up and his wasn't McCann but McRae. But I was right in saying he was signed from Motherwell. He couldn't dislodge Big Joe of course and where did he go to? Coincidentally to Portland Timbers, just down the road from you.

Fact! In the City game, Gwyther had his 45 minute header chalked off. And Phillips did 'score' 4 goals in the second half. 2 were given, 1 was chalked off for fractional offside, 1 was definitely legit but chalked off all the same.

As to the Leeds game which I remember well aga

You must have an incredible memory then Zil. I was at the Man City game, remember being 3-0 down, the excitement of the comeback and the disallowed goals (but not who scored them etc) and the Peter Barnes dagger in the last seconds.

If I cast my mind back to all the RUFC games I have attended (and admittedly it's far fewer than most) I can hardly remember anything of them except highlights like Ian Banks' hattrick against us, Donny goalie getting sent off for an incident when the ball was down the other end of Millmoor, the 1-0 win at Northampton with 10 men...etc.

O/T Still waiting on the summer concert series to be announced here. Just Paul Simon so far and he'll probably sell out before I get around to thinking about it.

CAM, I like to see who is doing what and where, so it would be nice if you could put a copy of the programme on here as you've done in the past.

As for Rhymin Simon, he's a little on the bland side for me but ok for the occasional listen in the comfort
    of one' s armchair. I do, as you might expect, have lots of his albums and also the one's he made with Art. He also pops up in Annie Hall and does ok there in his tiny tot white suit to Woody's customary lumberjack shirt and cord strides. For myself, I've never been a Goth or a biker (though I have the jacket) and always dress from head to toe in black.

I'd really stand out like a sore thumb on one of Kempo's many tropical tropical beaches.

Only other one posted at the winery at the moment Zil is Josh Groban (a US version of Aled Jones from what I can gather) - outrageously he was more than Paul Simon ($78 v $70) and is sold out!

Outrageous!

Groban is toss!

Of course I'm only looking at the local venue, if I wanted to go into the big city (Seattle) and pay the big prices they have The Boss, The Who, Sting & Gabriel together plus all the Biebers/Adeles of this world that you can shake a stick at.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123