+ Visit Arbroath FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Arbroath 0-1 Clyde

re: Arbroath 0-1 Clyde

I've travelled many miles this week to support the Lichties. Trying to accentuate the positive elements of the players' performance isn't the same as backing the management, and you won't find a recent post from me doing that. I'm as dismayed as everyone else at our lack of progress and something needs to change before we fall through the trapdoor.

OK that is down to 2 then.

I wouldn't mind seeing the recent posts where I've made excuses for the poor form or stuck up for the management team too. *Hint* you won't find them.

I may have said that it was a bit early to be calling for their head after 3 or 4 games this season but surely that's just being sensible. From December I've been saying that he's had enough time and he's failed.

Let's not forget that Lumsden's first quarter this season brought exactly as many points as Sheerin's first quarter. Obviously the quality of play or entertainment levels were not at that standard but plenty of people focus on the fact that it's a results business and sacking Lumsden for that would see the board appear trigger happy, which would put off future candidates from the job. Thee quote from Malcolm Tucker in The Thick Of It sums it up nicely - 'Sacked after a year, looks like you ****ed up, sacked after a week, looks like he ****ed up.'

The real nail in the coffin for Lumsden is that no matter what he does no

I was on about Larry Laverty!!

The only good thing about the last three games is that we have been getting a little bit better every game.
    We were abysmal last Saturday, terrible on Tuesday and reasonably OK yesterday.
    The teams tactics are awful, as mentioned on another post I can't see the one up front producing any kind of results.
    In this league you NEED to go and set your stall out positively. We need to play two up top and put pressure on the opposition whether its home or away.
    I don't go to away games (except the Scum) but from what I've seen the spine of the team has been good this season. Fleming, Little, Whately and Rutherford have all been above average for most of the season, Jordan has also been a revelation at left back. I haven't seen him play with so much flair and confidence as he is now. But there is no end product, we need the goals back and that's where we need Bobby, Ramsay and Rutherford to turn things round.
    Kane has done well but he needs to be part of a front two and not left up top on

Quote Originally Posted by charlesedwardstewart
    From hospitality
    " who was your man of the match" no answer.

" we are now looking over our shoulder at teams below us so who's to blame, your tactics or the players?" No answer.

"The high ball ball to the strikers" no answer

Todd Lumsdens glass is half full, everyone else is half empty, so, one point after three home games and no goals scored, in my honest opinion this is by far the worst fourth tear in Scottish football Iv witnessed, can someone please act before we slip into oblivion?
    The high ball to the strikers question did get an answer although it wasn't particularly satisfactory.
    Lumsden said that he told the midfield to try and come short to receive the ball from the centre-backs.

There was also comment regarding our lack of height meaning we're not much of a threat at corners.
    Lumsden said that he told the players to play short corners and work ball into box.

So Lumsden has identified these

Get them to ****. This has gone on for far too long now. Clyde beat Shire tomorrow then youd imagine we were safe from bottom and NOT going to finish in a play off spot so what do we have to lose? Campbell in for a few year to fix the mess these idiots have made and then we can start to look at someone younger to come in afterwards during that process. I also would be happy to see Barry Robson or Gibby.

Actually, just ANYBODY BUT THESE 2, theyve done enough damage!!! Get them to ****.

Just to clarify - I do not believe that the current management team are acceptable, and would be absolutely stunned if they were here next season - it would take a miraculous run from now until the end of May for this to change.

In terms of making excuses for poor form - I firmly believe in giving the players/ management a fair crack at the whip, and I think a lot of our fans didn't do that this season, with some utterly ludicrous comments in the first few months of the season. It is safe to say that at this point the players and management have certainly been given ample time to prove themselves, and aside from half a dozen the rest of the players/ management have proved to not be up too standard, with the buck for that ultimately stopping at the manager.

I think my support for the players, management and club (I am a supporter of Arbroath FC, hence my support of those who represent us) may be getting confused, with it being thought that support automatically means I believe the

Todd Lumsdens quote in The Herald, "we didn't loose any ground"

From where I'm standing we lost ground to Elgin, Queens Park, Annan, Stirling Albion, and Clyde, plus Berwick closed the gap below us.

You forgot East Stirling Steeps............................unbelievable if we are accepting this we are doomed!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)