+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Confident Bet

re: Confident Bet

Every regular small time gambler I've talked to always say they break even over the year, give or take.

Quote Originally Posted by shack
    Thurcroft Bottom Club last Sunday on my mates betting app we were 5-1 to win all the Billy Big BxxxOX Piggy fans giving it large about how they were going to spank little Toytowners so I said heres my £100 win which I handed over and the bet was placed no Pggys brave enough to back their own team.All mouth as usual I put my money where my mouth is.

Nice to know you've got plenty of confidence in your team to win an away game at one of the top scorers in this league who also have an excellent home record for winning games there when your team have already lost twenty one games this season..
    Personally, I think you're onto a loser from the off but I'm still not having a bet..That doesn't make me "all mouth" it's just my opinion that I think we'll beat you and I don't have to "put my money where my mouth is" because actually going to the game and cheering my team on to victory is enough for me.

Just for the record Braggyowl we have not lost at the pigsty since 1981 we have won 2 of our last 3 visits I think my bet is sound

Anyone who puts £100 on the Millers to win at Hillsborough,is a very brave man,or one who can afford to lose that amount of money,i say good luck to you and i hope you collect your winnings,i remember a time when i placed a bet on the Millers of £100,it was against Hartlepool when they were on a terrible run,the game before they played us,they lost 6-0,i thought it was stealing money,as we were odds against,and at home,consequently the game ended 0-0,bet down and NEVER to be repeated again.

Shack, if you say you had £100 on today then I for one believe you.

Everyone should know by now that I'm a total cretin when it comes to the internet. I can't do links, quotes, avatars, fotos etc etc and I've long since given up trying as when I have tried everything goes haywire.

That said, I don't think you, me or anyone else should have to put up details of their online accounts just because certain people have taken a dislike to you. If anyone is that desperate to know, I'll give them my username and password at Stan James...but they've got to prove they've walked to Gibraltar to get them.

Anyway well done again Shack and well done to the men and boys. The second 45 mts nearly had me calling for my defibrillator.
    One day I'll check out for good in the East Stand and everyone around the body will know who I am. How terribly disappointed they'll all be. "Nothing to see here" will be the cry that will go up within seconds.

IBS or Kempo? That'll be a different matter.

Not a gambler like you lot but had a double today.
    Derby and Millers 9/1 Thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang
    Not a gambler like you lot but had a double today.
    Derby and Millers 9/1 Thank you very much.
    What are you going to spend your 90 pence on crash ????

Got my self a new car , so some bits for it.
    Had it 2 weeks only got 400miles on it .

"Not quite as confident as you, but I have 20 on via Betfair Exchange at 5-1 as well. Current price is 4.8-1. I don't bet every week, I pick my matches. Had 35 on us to win last week and that was my only bet last week, so the 20 this week is winnings anyway. If we go 1-0 up before 65 minutes I will be laying off the 20 and leaving the rest on. If we go 1-0 down early, I might have another 5 on us at something ridiculous to 1."

Kerching!!!!! Laid off my stake as I said I would, so finished 90 up.

I didn't think we could possibly keep them out for 90 odd minutes let alone win, so congratulations to everyone who witnessed it AND made money on it into the bargain. Neil is a proper manager unlike Evans Redfearn Scott and the rest. I've wanted him as our manager for more years than I can remember but sadly he still has a mountain to climb to save us due to the gross incompetency of Evans' 80 odd signings and complete lack of tactical ability and individual player assessment.

What did the Fatman say when Redfearn took over and justifiably criticized Evans' equally fat catalogue of dud sighnings?
    Oh yeah. "If I was still manager I'd keep Rotherham in the Championship for the next 10 years, easily."

To that I'd confidently say to him, "your fat arse is warming the manager's chair until May. You're nothing more than a cheap stop-gap for a team that's neither going up nor down. £3,000 says, whoever is the chairman after May, YOU won't be the manager. Do we have a bet or don't we?"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast