+ Visit Swindon Town FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: England, and Euro 2016

re: England, and Euro 2016

Cricket is rife with them..Who can remember the Tong Grieg saga ?

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo
    Summer is for watching Superleague not watching the overpaid millionaires who wouldn't even consider getting out of bed if they were only paid expenses to play for their country.. Patriotism is dead nowadays..
    Too many off comed ones in Sport for me..

#alfiehatessummerfootball
    There's an awful lot of 'foreigners' in Superleague alf, majority of the coaches too. Totally take your point about commitment though. Step down a division or two and the level of fitness, commitment and effort is phenomenal from players who are on 'ordinary' wages or even just semi-pro. That's where the proper sporting heroes are.

Quote Originally Posted by AnagRam
    Summer is for watching Superleague not watching the overpaid millionaires who wouldn't even consider getting out of bed if they were only paid expenses to play for their country.. Patriotism is dead nowadays..
    Too many off comed ones in Sport for me..

#alfiehatessummerfootball
    There's an awful lot of 'foreigners' in Superleague alf, majority of the coaches too. Totally take your point about commitment though. Step down a division or two and the level of fitness, commitment and effort is phenomenal from players who are on 'ordinary' wages or even just semi-pro. That's where the proper sporting heroes are.[/quote]

Yes there are Anag,I don't have a problem with that,what I have a problem with is when people claim they have a great great grandad who was Scottish and that happens quite a lot in sport,especially in Superleague,which I consider to be the best viewing sport on Telly,bu

Superleague, what's that Alf?

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimeram
    Superleague, what's that Alf?
    I can't tell you Rammy, if you watched it you might faint with shock at some of the tackles that go in.. You southern softees couldn't take it..

Well I for one will be watching England with the Missus, as she has bought me a new shirt for the occasion, so I am indebted. However don't think it will last long. So i can settle down with the Olympics and holidays.

If it's on normal telly,I will probably tune in for a laugh if I'm doing nothing else.. Just out of curiosity to see what colour shirts we are wearing ..

Acido/Alf - what are you about? you are a pair of nomads wandering the pathways of the Mad kingdom.

Leeds supporter?

Quote Originally Posted by CalverleyBoy
    Acido/Alf - what are you about? you are a pair of nomads wandering the pathways of the Mad kingdom.
    Hello CB ..this is the best site on footymad where fans from all clubs are welcome to join in the banter on all subjects ..Even you Dirty Leeds fans are welcome, our friend Gards posts on here as well, we have lads from...Swindon , Burnley,Blackburn, Walsall,Derbuy, Millwall, Preston ,Barnsley, etc

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast