+ Visit Swindon Town FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: England, and Euro 2016

England, and Euro 2016

I know some of us have got some really important club footy look forward to in the next 2 months (and I have done this thread on a number of other footymad boards), but when its all over are any of you looking forward to the Euros in France this summer. And not just as neutrals, but as England fans of course ?
    Im not getting any hopes up for us winning anything, but I think we might have that surprise element about us this time when you look at the form of players like Harry Kane & Jamie Vardy. We're obviously not going to be relying on over rated or past it players Rooney & Sturridge this time like we did in the dreadful World cup in 2014.
    Its going to be the biggest Euros yet and I hope France will prove to be good hosts now that we dont have the likes of Blatter & Platini ruining it for teams who dont offer enough money (allegedly!!). We've got a nice little British derby match against Wales to look forward to, but Im not interested in teams like Wales or Rep Ireland, but I would

re: England, and Euro 2016

Rammy is really looking forward to the Euros, he is a staunch and loyal England fan and he has booked 3 weeks off work where he will be in his garden shed closely watching all the matches on his old black & white TV. When England are playing the Union Jack flag is hanging out of every window on his house and he has a huge pole in his front garden flying the Union Jack! I really hope we do well in this tournament for Rammys sake.

You/I cant beat a bit of sarcy nonsense, eh Laz ?
    I know Oldie has said hes not a fan and isnt interested in England at all and thats fair enough, I think they have let us down so many times now in these summer tournaments.
    But its still England (our country) at the end of the day and Im getting my little flags ready again and Im looking forward to all the hype as usual. And even though this hype might be too much and it might lead us to disappointment again, isnt it better to be there at least rather than sitting at home and spitting out all sorts of hatred like the Scotch fans do ?

I bet deep down even Rammy will agree with that Acido?

Quote Originally Posted by lazaat
    Rammy is really looking forward to the Euros, he is a staunch and loyal England fan and he has booked 3 weeks off work where he will be in his garden shed closely watching all the matches on his old black & white TV. When England are playing the Union Jack flag is hanging out of every window on his house and he has a huge pole in his front garden flying the Union Jack! I really hope we do well in this tournament for Rammys sake.

Surely the huge Pole in his garden would be supporting Poland and so fly their red and white flag?

As it happens Boris Johnson is advocating that we pull out of Euro 2016 so I am not getting too enthusiastic yet. Quarter finals maybe.

I didn't even know it was on this year and that we had qualified. No way am I going to watch that bunch of crap dross that is England. When is it on, so I can get a load of films in to watch in the shed?

Quote Originally Posted by roger_ramjet

Surely the huge Pole in his garden would be supporting Poland and so fly their red and white flag?

As it happens Boris Johnson is advocating that we pull out of Euro 2016 so I am not getting too enthusiastic yet. Quarter finals maybe.[/quote]

I thought that was typical of Boris, he trys to pull out everytime!

Summer is for watching Superleague not watching the overpaid millionaires who wouldn't even consider getting out of bed if they were only paid expenses to play for their country.. Patriotism is dead nowadays..
    Too many off comed ones in Sport for me..

#alfiehatessummerfootball

Can one say off comed for Derbyshire eh Alf?

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimeram
    Can one say off comed for Derbyshire eh Alf?
    There are far too many players in sport nowadays playing for country's because they have a long lost relation somewhere down the line .. - view external link

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast