+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Burnley

Burnley

..most days I don’t care. At times, you’ve flown the flag of proper football Championship football; to the world with a sky subscription or on illegal streams.

But today you can phuck off and die

Love Dan

re: Burnley

Good grief Dan, that's 3 in the mornin !
    Is big match tension affecting your sleeping pattern ?
    Just tell us how you feel and get it off your chest.
    This must be what Howie refers to as banter.
    Hope you behave yourself at the match, as JR pleads.

Just up and cant wait . Leave home around 10 be at Ewoodfor 10.20 coach leaves at 10.30 for Dingleville . Bring on the Dingles !

Im having what Dan was drinking last night!

Despair ..when half your family and friends support the dingles ,you live in Accy which is half n half and also have to frequent Burnley to work now and again you soon get your head around "banter"!

Quote Originally Posted by needle
    Just up and cant wait . Leave home around 10 be at Ewoodfor 10.20 coach leaves at 10.30 for Dingleville . Bring on the Dingles !
    Nice one Needs..we re away at 11.15am from St.Chrissies school in Accy.

For all the rights and wrongs of being told how to travel i do love the journey into Burnley ! The Burnley people come out onto their doorsteps and give us all a friendly wave ! All adds to the day in my mind,you realise then just what a big derby this actually is.

Quote Originally Posted by Howie5o
    Im having what Dan was drinking last night!

Despair ..when half your family and friends support the dingles ,you live in Accy which is half n half and also have to frequent Burnley to work now and again you soon get your head around "banter"!
    Oh dear, very sorry to hear that Howie, please accept my condolences . Must be a right pain at the moment/recently. But eh oh that's swings and roundabouts for you

As for the derby atmos. Yes I can equate to that, but for me going back to the 70's where the adrenalin really 'kicked' in. Far more 'civilised' these days except maybe for 'this one'.
    COYB's.
    And may I just Echo JR's sentiment for a good footballing match , but hopefully in addition that the 'correct' side triumphs.

By the way, I see that JR's 'twin' failed again last night.......oh dear. A new employer season 2016/17 methinks.

I don't live in Blackburn and never have. So I don't experience the needle in this game. I get it, I just don't feel it. I don't really consider them a rival persay. We have played them so few times in my entire lifetime I can't. We have either been a few divisions higher and they almost got forgotten about. Or they are a notch above us for a brief moment in time. Never has it been vying for promotion. Or avoiding relegation. No game (other than it being a local derby starved of games due to them nearly dropping out of the league) has been of any importance. Whereas we have had important games vrs Bolton (vying for promotion etc) where title rivals to Man Utd (but not a long term rival) and have had numerous foes over the past 30 years. Because 99% of the time we have been leagues ahead.
    I had a passing interest in 01-02 as it had been a while. And the FA Cup games had an interest.
    The two towns are close. The football sides have been on different planets for such a long time it's n

Quote Originally Posted by DanRrr
    ..most days I don’t care. At times, you’ve flown the flag of proper football Championship football; to the world with a sky subscription or on illegal streams.

But today you can phuck off and die

Love Dan
    The meths must be strong in shadsworth.

The drugs don't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxo
    The drugs don't work.
    Well im glad you ve finally admitted they dont Saxo.We ve always had our doubts.Hope you can find some other alternative.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)