+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: South Yorkshire Police

re: South Yorkshire Police

I've got to be honest, and this isn't a dig at SWFC fans at all, but all the knuckle draggers from every club always look the same don't they??? Fackin idiots, simple.

I was one of the first ones out the ground being sat right next to the gangway and soon has i got through the police line outside the ground it started to kickoff outside the turnstiles with both sets of fans wading into each other before the police started belting everybody with batons, cant believe that they let fans mix like that with a line of about 5 coppers it was always gonna kick off, around another 30 coppers had to come rushing down from top of leppings lane because they were struggling to cope and this all happened before most of the Rotherham fans got out the ground.

Looks like some people walking around with some cars and a motorbike?
    Then there's 15 fans looking as though they want to get on you tube

The coppers on the right hand side of the line were letting people though but only blokes with their girlfriends or families and the older generation. I walked over, explained I was on my own and was just trying to get to my car which was parked 60 seconds away and the only response I received was, get back please, get back please and then they proceeded to let another lad and his girlfriend through.

Quote Originally Posted by dantpen
    The coppers on the right hand side of the line were letting people though but only blokes with their girlfriends or families and the older generation. I walked over, explained I was on my own and was just trying to get to my car which was parked 60 seconds away and the only response I received was, get back please, get back please and then they proceeded to let another lad and his girlfriend through.
    So why didn't you just grab a girl?

I was back home in Bradford at 6.30. Maybe they thought Dewsbury Miller was my girlfriend!

That's right. They let my wife and I through. Just walked straight to the police line said can we squeeze through and the cop said he wouldn't advise it but we did anyway and just mingled in with their fans and walked away.
    Luckily enough we were parked on Halifax Road which was the opposite side to the trouble and was home before 6 o'clock.

I'd love to make on official complaint to SYP but I just know that it will get some standard reply citing a load of old bull shine and they will take absolutely nothing from the entire incident.

After looking online at some articles it appears that this tactic that they use is called "kettling" and it's perfectly legal. Even though holding people like this could actually cause more trouble because you are just pi***ng people off even more.

I've woken up this morning and I'm still angry about this.

Never any different when we go there ( Barnsley ) you come out onto Leppings Lane and it kicks off everytime .
    Their idiots are all congregating and aren't too fussed who they attack , kids , scarfers , whatever .
    Not suggesting for one minute some of our fan's aren't more than willing to engage them but the question is why does this situation arise after every South Yorkshire derby and nothing ever gets done to prevent it .
    The SYP shouldn't be in the position of having to react to incidents kicking off they should be more than skilled at prevention .
    Then again prevention at Hillsborough isn't something they excell at historically .
    You'd think that by now they know the local numpty's after match habits and can police the inevitable flashpoints .
    Clearly not , it's frightening for kids and older supporters and they shouldn't have to be put in that position .

Stupid Question but why can't them employ same tactics @ NYS. Let away supporters out then hold 'em back until we've all got out without risking the Don Street Bottleneck. One day someone is going to get hurt, or worse, when we're all funnelled out that way.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast